BoldAdventures 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

• HTML tutorial

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

Nice setup and beautiful rig!
Thanks, this was our first build and our passion. It got us into over landing before we started traveling full time and have the current larger truck.

We're actually considering building another one for the heck of it. It's a very unusual platform. Not a lot of folks work with Trailblazers. And if I can find the rare short wheelbase with a 5.3L I think we'll do a phase 1 again. Probably on 33's this time. Kind of an in-between.

Great wife!good rig!great build,photo shoot.lucky you..
It's helpful getting your wife into the same hobby. There is no "asking the wife" in my household.

It's more like, the wife is asking when we're getting larger tires, lol.

DropMech

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Sorrentino
Service Branch
USCG
Looks great! I just picked up an 05 and I'll be reviewing your build for tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hardtrailz

BlazerTK

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey BoldAdventure,

Awesome build on your Blazer! I just purchased a 2002 Trailblazer EXT and am interested in building it out in a similar fashion to explore my new stomping grounds of Utah. However, I have absolutely zero experience in building an overland vehicle. It seems this thread is a good place to start but any other information or direction you could point me in would be greatly appreciated. I’m not looking to go all out right from the start. Where do I even begin? What are the most important areas to upgrade first? How much time and money are we talking about putting into something like this? Thanks, looking forward to getting into the world of overland exploration!

Reactions: OffroadTreks

skysappr

Rank I

Contributor II

North Carolina
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Dell
Ia m looking at a 2004 LS extended in NC, I have been watching videos regarding most common problems and haven't seen anything too crazy til yesterday when a content creator posted his version; unlike the others it cast some shade on the front differential with it passing through the oil pan. Have you heard of any issues based on this design with the operation of the 4 wheel drive, or with engine oil loss? I haven't had a chance to look at this vehicle in person yet, but if this was to be a show stopper I wasn't going to make the trip. Any input from the author or audience is appreciated.

skysappr

Rank I

Contributor II

North Carolina
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Dell
2003 TRAILBLAZER LTZ

The goal of our Trailblazer is to support our family of 3 and one dog on cross country road trips and multi-day off-road expeditions. Because we love to travel we are seeking a compromise between an off road capable trail rig and the perfect vehicle for road trips.

Where it stands:

**I've included links to either the products themselves or to relevant threads for each mod

SUSPENSION / AXLE:

ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN:
  • Volant cold air intake
  • Resonator Delete
  • Transmission Rebuilt 1/23/13
    • Corvette Servo
    • Sonnax Transmission 4th Gear Billet Super Overdrive Gear
    • Transgo Stage 2 Shift Kit
    • Trailblazer SS Torque Converter
    • Beast Carbon Sunshell
    • Carbon Clutch Kit
  • B&M Super Cooler Transmission Cooler
  • Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil - Dif Oil - Transmission Oil
  • Trailblazer EXT/SS Brake Upgrade
  • Power Stop Zinc Coated Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors with Carbon Ceramic pads

VEHICLE ARMOR:

ELECTRICAL / LIGHTING
  • Eagle Eye CCFL Halo Projectors
  • DDM Tunning HID low beams 55w at 5000K
  • DDM Tunning HID high beams 55w at 5000K
  • Eagle Eye LED rear tail lights
  • Dual brake light/blinker mod
  • 4' Firestick Firefly CB Antenna mounted using FireStik MK-J4R Jeep Mount
  • Cobra 18WXSTII
  • x2 Hella 500FF Driving Lamps (round) mounted on custom front bumper mount
  • x4 Roof Top Hella 550 Driving Lamps
  • DieHard Platinum P-4 Battery

EXTERIOR APPEARANCE:
  • Method Race Rims Double Standard Matte Black
  • Baja mule rack
  • Debadged Rear Deck
  • Demolded the side doors
  • 20% tint all around
  • Shortened radio antennae
  • Silverado Tow Mirrors (Heated, Power with LED turn signals)

INTERIOR MODIFICATIONS:
  • Rear Seat Delete
  • Removed cargo area carpet and plastic molding
  • Rhino lined cargo area
  • Custom storage area

RECOVERY & EMERGENCY GEAR:

PLANNED MODS
  • Custom Rock Sliders - Currently in fabrication
  • 8.6 rear axle swap
  • 4.56 gears
  • Aftermarket locker
  • Fabtech FTS81026 rear shocks travel, extended length 27.56" and compressed length 17.52"
  • Custom front bumper
  • Recovery Winch
I am looking at a 2004 LS extended in NC, I have been watching videos regarding most common problems and haven't seen anything too crazy til yesterday when a content creator posted his version; unlike the others it cast some shade on the front differential with it passing through the oil pan. Have you heard of any issues based on this design with the operation of the 4 wheel drive, or with engine oil loss? I haven't had a chance to look at this vehicle in person yet, but if this was to be a show stopper I wasn't going to make the trip. Any input from the author or audience is appreciated.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Do you have the hella's on the roof HID converted as well? Hella housing with HID conversion are one of the most cost effective, great lighting options out there. You get a great amount of focused light, in the right spots for not alot of money. I am debating just going this route on the patriot.

Kirby-louis

Rank 0

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Brashear
Service Branch
Army
In your pic when you’re airing up; do you know if the truck behind you had that bumper made or bought. The only people I w seen making tb bumpers is MOVE.

Last edited: