Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hey Treasure Valley Peeps! I'm thinking about doing a two night trip through the Boise National Forest in October. First night, we'd be camping up at the Hawley Mountain fire lookout, and would work our way down to the Bald Mountain Fire Lookout, and camp just down from the lookout. The whole trip is only 160 Miles, and should be doable by any vehicle. I mostly just want to get out and reset, and sleep outside for a few nights. I'm curious if anybody would be interested in joining me on this trip?

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hey Reaver, hope things are well with you. We are planning a couple nights out and away. Spent last weekend exploring the Shoshone Basin area of the Sawtooth National Forest - South of Twin Falls. Discovered a route we may want to try - next summer after Snow melt in the high country. Bascally starting on the Eastern Border and travel west on Forest and non-paved roads to get to the western border near Ontario. Gibbs

Reactions: reaver

Submariner

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Montesano, WA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Harper
Member #

Did you do this? I am thinking of going over Spring of 21 to find some hotsprings and do a little camping in the outdoors. did you find any hotsprings? I was also thinking about going around Stanley Id. for some camps. any ideas? thanks.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Did you do this? I am thinking of going over Spring of 21 to find some hotsprings and do a little camping in the outdoors. did you find any hotsprings? I was also thinking about going around Stanley Id. for some camps. any ideas? thanks.
I didn't end up doing this, as the weekend it was planned, my mom ended up in the hospital with heart problems. I never got around to rescheduling it. I think I'll try and shoot for late June (around my birthday) to do this.

Keep in mind there will be two small children in tow, so if that's not your thing, tagging along might not be for you.

@David H

Reactions: David H

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Sounds like a lot of fun. We'd love to do some hot spring camping.