Blown Away - Death Valley (Part I)

• HTML tutorial

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
Excellent video. I think my wife would have that same 'look' if she had been sleeping in the front seat of a 4x4 all night ... BTW you can continue the trail east past Inyo mine, and exit DV. The trail gets much tougher eventually leading to the Echo Canyon 'staircase', a fun technical section of trail that is described as 'the toughest obstacle in DV' in some guidebooks. This trail is very remote and low traffic, and very scenic....

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Excellent video. I think my wife would have that same 'look' if she had been sleeping in the front seat of a 4x4 all night ... BTW you can continue the trail east past Inyo mine, and exit DV. The trail gets much tougher eventually leading to the Echo Canyon 'staircase', a fun technical section of trail that is described as 'the toughest obstacle in DV' in some guidebooks. This trail is very remote and low traffic, and very scenic....
Thanks for watching! We've actually been through the steps on a previous trip and loved it. That's a fun little trail!

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Great video! I spent a night in Death Valley in early May - no rig yet, just good old 2 foot drive, so my range was limited. But I did get to witness two chuckwallas brawling on a scree slope. Chuck Norris has nothing on these guys!

DSCN8504.jpg

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Great video! I spent a night in Death Valley in early May - no rig yet, just good old 2 foot drive, so my range was limited. But I did get to witness two chuckwallas brawling on a scree slope. Chuck Norris has nothing on these guys!

View attachment 41303
Wow! So cool! We saw several on the trip the year before and my friend (who is a reptile nerd) caught one so we got to see it up close.

DarthRover

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Gaxiola
Member #

Your videos rock! Nadine and I wait for Thursdays! We're doing the crater and racetrack in a couple weeks and was looking for a good gpx File of the route. I know you mentioned you may have left the file here somewhere. I can't seem to find it on this forum. Would you share it with me. Please? Pm me. Thanks hope you're all doing well and enjoying the overland lifestyle....lol see what I did There . Take care