Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Where are you seeing the Midland sale? Their website still shows full price.
You have to enter promo code BLACKFRIDAY in the cart. Good luck. They sold out of the one radio I had in the cart within 5 minutes of me adding it. The MXT275 is now on backorder. SMH

Reactions: Sparksalot

Rank 0

Contributor I

TN
Spod is 10% off complete systems. Sorry for not responding to the inquiries phone didn’t notify me. Too much shopping!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Which one did you get?
MXT275. I want to hide the unit under the center console, or in the dash, and use a shielded cat6 cable to connect the handset to a plug I'll mount on the dash. Should make for a nice clean install.

Where are you seeing the Midland sale? Their website still shows full price.
You have to enter "BLACKFRIDAY" in the coupon code box at checkout.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Usually Black Friday / cyber Monday are supposed to be the best deals retailers offer all year. 10-20% is what most seem to be offering, and honestly it’s underwhelming at best.

I say that because we see them offer 10-20% off deals at other times of the year. Personally, I was hoping for more, but maybe there just isn’t the margin? I have a hard time believing that though, considering how expensive most overlanding / rig gear is.

Just sharing my $0.02.
Honestly, most of the companies that cater to the Overlanding community are really not all that big, at all. Yes, there's exceptions to that, like Smittybilt for example, but most are nowhere near that. And, you said it - these companies don't have the margins that people think they do. With the amount of overhead they employ, and the cost of conducting research and development and running a business, they simply can not afford to throw money away by tossing out huge discounts-plus it erodes the integrity of a brand once you start doing that. The easiest way to "cheapen" a product line is start offering huge discounts. There's usually a few items in a companies catalog that are higher margin, and maybe they can run specials from time to time, but that's not always the case.

With all that said, MyMedic is doing 30-40% off on first aid kits-TODAY ONLY!