Wanted Black Friday 2019 Deals?

• HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

For the Jeepers, MetalCloak is 10% off and free shipping on everything 11/22 - 11/29. I finally ordered the rear fenders to match my fronts.

UtahRnr

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Utah
Usually Black Friday / cyber Monday are supposed to be the best deals retailers offer all year. 10-20% is what most seem to be offering, and honestly it’s underwhelming at best.

I say that because we see them offer 10-20% off deals at other times of the year. Personally, I was hoping for more, but maybe there just isn’t the margin? I have a hard time believing that though, considering how expensive most overlanding / rig gear is.

Just sharing my $0.02.

OVRLNDER

US East Region Member Rep, NY
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Usually Black Friday / cyber Monday are supposed to be the best deals retailers offer all year. 10-20% is what most seem to be offering, and honestly it’s underwhelming at best.

I say that because we see them offer 10-20% off deals at other times of the year. Personally, I was hoping for more, but maybe there just isn’t the margin? I have a hard time believing that though, considering how expensive most overlanding / rig gear is.

Just sharing my $0.02.
That's how I feel about the "deals" this year too.

UtahRnr

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Utah
That's how I feel about the "deals" this year too.
Glad I’m not alone! :) This isn’t a cheap hobby and I’ve been saving for months for certain things expecting to pull the trigger on Black Friday.

Now that I’m seeing the sales, I’m having second thoughts on whether I want to spend the money or do something else.

Reactions: Tony Patrignani

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Glad I’m not alone! :) This isn’t a cheap hobby and I’ve been saving for months for certain things expecting to pull the trigger on Black Friday.

Now that I’m seeing the sales, I’m having second thoughts on whether I want to spend the money or do something else.
Same, I was at overland expo east this year and the deals there were the same as black friday. Some are better but I dont think it was worth me saying "I'll wait till black friday". Now I'm like why did I wait? Same deals as expo.
I saved for months before expo just so I can get small discounts? Now I waited till black friday to have just as bad discounts? It's great that companies give discounts but after tax and shipping is it really worth waiting?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
It's because the products sell well without the discounts, so there's no incentive for offering deep discounts on black Friday. That being said, I did take the opportunity to order my gmrs radio at 25% off, which made it a no brainer.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
Midland has 25% off and seelit has a few lights 50%off.
Thanks! I'm on the Midland email distro and didn't get that info. I can finally get the MXT275 GMRS radio I've been eyeing. Comes out to $112 before tax and free shipping.

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
It's because the products sell well without the discounts, so there's no incentive for offering deep discounts on black Friday. That being said, I did take the opportunity to order my gmrs radio at 25% off, which made it a no brainer.
Which one did you get?

OVRLNDER

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

Thanks! I'm on the Midland email distro and didn't get that info. I can finally get the MXT275 GMRS radio I've been eyeing. Comes out to $112 before tax and free shipping.
That's great and all, only if the radio I had in my cart was still in stock! Right when I went to checkout they told me I couldn't purchase the radio due to it being out of stock. FML!

HazMatt79

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Houston County, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Husted
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZYZ
That's great and all, only if the radio I had in my cart was still in stock! Right when I went to checkout they told me I couldn't purchase the radio due to it being out of stock. FML!
You're not alone. I went to add a higher dB antenna and it happened to me...ughhhh...

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

A friend texted me that these Retevis RT22 pair went on sale for $22 so I picked up a set. They can be used as is for FRS or you can use CHIRP software to reprogram them for Ham band use (If you have your Ham license). I figure for that price, they would be good for spotting out on trails if nothing else.

Reactions: HazMatt79

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Just sharing my $0.02.
I would agree with you!

Reactions: UtahRnr