Member #

Reactions: Ghost120

Ghost120

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Dublin, Oh
Member #

If you look here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/cleaning-and-protecting-an-emblem-on-a-rig.3843/page-2 A couple posts down there is a black dipped badge. I feel the dip is a bit too thick and takes out a lot of detail in this case. I am thinking of using clear plasti dip on min soon to see how that comes out.

I think color options would be cool. Even if it bumps the price a little.
Sweet! Thanks for showing me that thread I missed. Super helpful! I may just try the plasti dip bc it's low risk on every level.

Sent from my LG-H910 using OB Talk mobile app

Tuns of Fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Imperial Beach, CA (San Diego)
Member #

Used a flat black spray paint to paint mine black today. Looks great. The member number is no longer visible through the multiple coats I put on it but All the detail in the emblem is still visible and it looks killer. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost120

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I have used this stuff before blacking out the chrome mazda badges on a previous car. It's made by Duplicolor and it's a translucent black coating and if you get the kit it includes clear too. With Chrome it just turns it into a black chrome. The badges etched member numbers would still shine through if you put a light coat on them. With it being a translucent color light coats would give it a black tint to it and each additional coat it gets a little blacker but at the same time keeping the detail in the badge. Rustoleum used to have a kit just like it. Here's a link to the Duplicolor page.
https://duplicolor.com/product/shadow-chrome-black-out-coating

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Cool idea, for those who black out their rigs this would be cool to figure out.