Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Seattle and any other big city!! Lots of really weird creatures there.I still have nightmares and my visit was over 5 years ago.
Joking aside, I’ve never been as uncomfortable in the woods as I have been walking in downtown Seattle, and I’ve been to some pretty remote places.
LMFAO! Yeah, I avoid Portland the same way.

Patman

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Hollister, Ca
First Name
Patrik
Last Name
Hultin
Member #

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti.....Lots of myths, lots of legends, but what proof? Throw in Mothman, Fresno Nightcrawler, heck....Nessie.

Can't explain it.........CRYPTID!!!!

My daughter and I are both into all things cryptid, but can't say either of us really believe it. With todays tech, and widespread availability of cameras (really good cameras in everyone's pockets) how is there no conclusive evidence?

You (and by "you" I mean us humans) see what you want to see subconciously.

If you're in the woods at night and a pinecone falls on a hollow stump, its a bigfoot tree knock if you're out looking for sasquatch. It's the blairwitch if you're telling ghost stories, and Venus is a UFO if you're scanning the skies for aliens.

Statistically there would have to be evidence by now. 5 billion camera phones in the world, and not one clear picture of any cryptid. That's much harder to believe than their existence.

bryceCtravels

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Campbell
Statistically there would have to be evidence by now. 5 billion camera phones in the world, and not one clear picture of any cryptid. That's much harder to believe than their existence.
Explain this
IMG_3940.JPG
On a serious note, most data shows over 80% of species have been undiscovered here. We've only had handheld cameras everywhere for what, a decade? Cameras for only a few more decades than that.

Aliens are impossible to dismiss, we only have recorded writings for a few thousand years. We've been around for tens of thousands, and Earth for billions. Seems pretty obvious to me that there's a lot of this stuff that probably does exist, just maybe not in the form we think of.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti.....Lots of myths, lots of legends, but what proof? Throw in Mothman, Fresno Nightcrawler, heck....Nessie.

Can't explain it.........CRYPTID!!!!

My daughter and I are both into all things cryptid, but can't say either of us really believe it. With todays tech, and widespread availability of cameras (really good cameras in everyone's pockets) how is there no conclusive evidence?

You (and by "you" I mean us humans) see what you want to see subconciously.

If you're in the woods at night and a pinecone falls on a hollow stump, its a bigfoot tree knock if you're out looking for sasquatch. It's the blairwitch if you're telling ghost stories, and Venus is a UFO if you're scanning the skies for aliens.

Particularly when you consider how the eye and brain work - something about looking for recognizable patterns. That’s why we see shapes in otherwise random clouds. I saw a small girl in a blue coat walking in the field the other day. Did a double-take and I guess it was a stump or something. Girl disappeared. Maybe Bigfoot got her.

Reactions: 9Mike2

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Explain this
View attachment 214489
On a serious note, most data shows over 80% of species have been undiscovered here. We've only had handheld cameras everywhere for what, a decade? Cameras for only a few more decades than that.

Aliens are impossible to dismiss, we only have recorded writings for a few thousand years. We've been around for tens of thousands, and Earth for billions. Seems pretty obvious to me that there's a lot of this stuff that probably does exist, just maybe not in the form we think of.
Agreed 1000%

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
There's still tons of acreage with little or no cameras anywhere.

We barely have film of giant squids. And we know how to attract those idiots. Bigfoot ain't going to fall for a sexy rubber squid on a fishing line. We could throw a stinky carpet on a fat Massachusetts women. But who the heck wants to go to that lameo state to get one.

Last edited:

MadVet71

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Texas, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Harlan
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
There's still tons of acreage with little or no cameras anywhere.

We barely have film of giant squids. And we know how to attract those idiots. Bigfoot ain't going to fall for a sexy rubber squid on a fishing line. We could throw a stinky carpet on a fat Massachusetts women. But who the heck wants to go to that lameo state to get one.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I have never seen Bigfoot but I will stand up in a court of law and state that our group watched a UFO flying around during a trip to Quetico a couple of dozen years ago!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Triangle with 4 dots, one in the center.

Funny that this is listed under ''normal threads''. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 9Mike2

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I was about 10 miles outside of the George Washington National Forest, gassing up for a few days of relaxation and exploration. My FJ had a little lift, snorkel, awning, and rooftop tent. Nothing special amongst this group, but it stands out in a parking lot full of regular stuff. Some dude in a Subaru wagon asks me about camping. He's a little squirrely. Looks like he might be living in his car, or just keeps it stuffed to the gills for some reason. I'm alone at this gas station and going to be by myself for a day or two, so I'm vague about what area I'm going to be in and intentionally mention that I'm meeting my friends. Anyway, the conversation gets a little more normal and continues for a couple minutes when he starts talking about what he looks for in the woods. Rodents, rabbits, snakes, and salamanders are all I've found out there. Finally he pulls some Tupperware out of the back seat and shows me this. I threw down the tape measure for scale. It was a good story, which I've told poorly here, but I'm glad I stumbled across that guy.

1661702033066.png

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Anything new on the Sasquatch front?
Still a bit sad that my write up from the fairy land encounter is gone...

I've heard something about mysterious things coming out of the woods searching for water somewhere in Maine...

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I was about 10 miles outside of the George Washington National Forest, gassing up for a few days of relaxation and exploration. My FJ had a little lift, snorkel, awning, and rooftop tent. Nothing special amongst this group, but it stands out in a parking lot full of regular stuff. Some dude in a Subaru wagon asks me about camping. He's a little squirrely. Looks like he might be living in his car, or just keeps it stuffed to the gills for some reason. I'm alone at this gas station and going to be by myself for a day or two, so I'm vague about what area I'm going to be in and intentionally mention that I'm meeting my friends. Anyway, the conversation gets a little more normal and continues for a couple minutes when he starts talking about what he looks for in the woods. Rodents, rabbits, snakes, and salamanders are all I've found out there. Finally he pulls some Tupperware out of the back seat and shows me this. I threw down the tape measure for scale. It was a good story, which I've told poorly here, but I'm glad I stumbled across that guy.

View attachment 239215

Some random guy, just happened to have a box of plaster of paris in his car? I've never carried plaster when camping, does anyone?

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

View attachment 239215
There ya go. That settles it once and for all!

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin108 and Ubiety