DMS1

Rank III

Advocate I

San Dimas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Schmitz
I have almost 38K miles on my KO2s which I bought in 2019, still have about 15 K miles left on them, They are on an F150 and I towed a Travel Trailer 11K of those miles.

Reactions: KAIONE

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Wow. I've tried others and keep returning to BGF KOs, both on my Chevy truck for almost 20 years and now my Jeep. Current set of KO2s are almost 3 years and 51,000 miles and still have life in them. Sucks to hear so many with not so good runs on them.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Wow. I've tried others and keep returning to BGF KOs, both on my Chevy truck for almost 20 years and now my Jeep. Current set of KO2s are almost 3 years and 51,000 miles and still have life in them. Sucks to hear so many with not so good runs on them.
Me too. I swear by them.

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
I’ve heard a lot of good stuff on the Generals & I considered them big time. I’ve also been told the milestar Patagonia are pretty good too, especially in sand or sandy rock. I’ve actually thought about putting these on my Jeep to see how they do… as I mostly will need to replace the tires on the Jeep this spring/summer.
I run the General AT's on my 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 truck, and they work well on that.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I loved the KOs and almost always ran them for 25 years. The KO2's just are not holding up for me. I don't understand it, I guess that is why I am so disappointed.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Wow that’s interesting I never had any issues with the KOs in the wet. Especially when I lived in the Pacific Northwest. Where I lived I could have snow at my house & drive 1.5 miles down the hill about 850 feet elevation change in to rain. They always performed great in both, one of the main reason I ran them… what did you end up getting?
Same. I’m in Vancouver, WA and just got dumped on. My KO2’s have been phenomenal. Was wondering about switching during winter as well, but haven’t seen (kow) a reason too yet.

Reactions: MMc

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I love KO2s mainly because they work well on ice. I have a set on my YJ and F350. The ones on the F350 surprised me last week when I was pulling my car trailer through deep snow with a load on it. They just kept going with the trailer plowing snow.

I am going to buy a set of 35x12.5 KO2s for my JKU soon. The KM2s that are on it work great snow wheeling in deep snow but suck on ice.

Reactions: MMc

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Last spring I drove 400 miles in the rain. I had zero issues. No hydroplaning, nothing. @Adventures with Penny was with me and commented several times about hydroplaning. Both of us on KO2s, but different rigs. I’d say, the rain performance “depends “.

someone noted above issues with balancing. I have about 15k on mine and have noticed a vibration. Three tries to get it mostly right. It’s close. How do I know it’s tires? I swiped the set of pursuit tires from my other rig for a test drive, and had no negative behavior.
He was considering them, never had a set, decided on the reviews.

I agree, many sets of KOa never an issue in the rain. Honestly for most ATs the actual performance differences are immeasurable. BUT all manufacturers rate their tire performance qualities against the rest of their line. If you go to BFGs website they will tell you, for rain we make better tires....... altho you will give up some of the AT qualities.

A rain tireis not an AT tire. A MT is not a snow tire. But the big differences amongst ATs is more sidewall construction and durability. None of them are rain tires. And websites rating tires are often biased by who is paying the advertising $$$$.

Most LT tires be they MTs or ATs from the big brand names are pretty equal. And we all love the tires we choose because they are the best and we made a great choice.

Reactions: JeepingMike

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
We got about 45k in 3 years on our KO2s before a puncture and delam on my CDT trip in 2021. That's on a 9,000+ lb van. I'm happy with them but I think there are a lot of nice alternatives as well.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

We have 20k miles on our 4Runner's KO2s. They still look brand new and are wearing even but they are getting louder. We had General Grabber AT2s on it before and they did the same. Hankook ATs cupped and were crazy loud. I'm a sucker for the white lettering so I don't know which other tires I can consider next.

As loud as they may be though, they always look so good. And for being on the highway 95% of the time, they're a welcomed visual relief and reminder that one day they'll be back on dirt again.