Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orchard Park, NY, USA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Pigeon
Member #

I have the km2's and after 41,000 miles they are still going strong. Any weather and any road type they have been good. I run 35's and they like to dig in deep snow. I rotate them everytime I do the oil change. Once these are wore out I plan on going to the km3. I am just hoping they will hold up and last as long as my km2's have.

20200404_120319.jpg
20200404_120311.jpg
*Side note that is water on the tire not gouges in the tires, like I thought when I looked at the picture quickly. Had to take them quick before the rain got worse.

Reactions: jazzy13

jazzy13

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newport, RI, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Azbill
Member #

They are still great no problems at all for me in any weather, on road or off road condition. The tread is at about 40% after nearly 2 years.
Thanks! I've always been a BFG guy, but I've heard good things about the Patagonias, and the BFG KM3s I've been looking at are 2.5 times the price. So, I'm excited to try the Patagonias out.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Had them both, KM2s and KO2s, never felt the KM2s offered any advantage but the KO2s were quieter, cheaper, and lasted longer. I'll never buy another Mud Terrain, other than the "look" I found no practical advantage, but several disadvantages especially if you run them in the winter.

Reactions: Devildawg2136

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Had them both, KM2s and KO2s, never felt the KM2s offered any advantage but the KO2s were quieter, cheaper, and lasted longer. I'll never buy another Mud Terrain, other than the "look" I found no practical advantage, but several disadvantages especially if you run them in the winter.
I've had three different KO or KO2's on my Wrangler and Disco. I'm a fan. They always perform well when I've been out in the forests or on the road (I drive quite a bit to/from work). I will say the KO2's are noticeably quieter than the prior version.

Reactions: Devildawg2136

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

I run 35x12.5R17 BFG KO2's on my 7000# Bronco. I prefer the KO2's over the KM3's due to less road noise, better highway handling and wear. Traction isn't as good as the KM3, but it hasn't been much of a problem locked front and rear. It really becomes a matter of feet before pulling winch line in really technical or slippery spots on the trail.