Best spots to camp on Buffalo River, AR?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

Hello, all. I'm going up to the Buffalo River and was hoping to get some information on good areas to check out. I'm going with a tear-drop type camper and kayaks, so camp areas that are a little remote and close to water are great. I looked up some places online, but I know that I can get way better info from people who have been there and/or live in the area. Thanks.

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

Hello, all. I'm going up to the Buffalo River and was hoping to get some information on good areas to check out. I'm going with a tear-drop type camper and kayaks, so camp areas that are a little remote and close to water are great. I looked up some places online, but I know that I can get way better info from people who have been there and/or live in the area. Thanks.
OK then...does anyone know where I can get a good used banjo...??

d.jpg

Razorback

Rank III

Contributor II

Plainview Arkansas
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

grubworm when looking for a place to camp I use the app "the dyrt". Where are you coming from?

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

grubworm when looking for a place to camp I use the app "the dyrt". Where are you coming from?
thanks for the reply. i checked out thedyrt.com and got some hits. i'm an hour south of new orleans. we went a couple months ago and got up around the mulberry river and liked that area and heard buffalo river is even better, so we're planning an extended stay this time and was hoping to get some input on the area and see if there are some places more suited for boondocking.

Razorback

Rank III

Contributor II

Plainview Arkansas
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

thanks for the reply. i checked out thedyrt.com and got some hits. i'm an hour south of new orleans. we went a couple months ago and got up around the mulberry river and liked that area and heard buffalo river is even better, so we're planning an extended stay this time and was hoping to get some input on the area and see if there are some places more suited for boondocking.
Hello Grubworm I checked out your bios and see you are from Thibodaux. Mywife is from Labadieville. We moved to Arkansas last year but haven't explored the Buffalo River area yet. When are you planning on coming up?

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

Hello Grubworm I checked out your bios and see you are from Thibodaux. Mywife is from Labadieville. We moved to Arkansas last year but haven't explored the Buffalo River area yet. When are you planning on coming up?
I lived in Labadieville for a while, on Brule road across from the cemetery. Now I'm past the waterplant between houma and thibodaux...
my wife and i are wanting to go mid to late september. how are y'all liking arkansas?

Razorback

Rank III

Contributor II

Plainview Arkansas
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

We absolutely love Arkansas! Ya'll should have great temperatures for camping mid to lat September. Do you plan on any trail riding?

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

We absolutely love Arkansas! Ya'll should have great temperatures for camping mid to lat September. Do you plan on any trail riding?
No. We have a kayak and SUP, so prob more into kayaking and a little hiking. We tent camped out of the Tundra a couple months ago and was really impressed with the state parks. There was an area on Mulberry river that had camp spots with no power, but had a decent bath house for a warm shower. I'm looking for something similar on the Buffalo.