Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Has anybody done this road off of 105. It is on Dobson rd near a tower.
View attachment 128622
Yeah, I have. It pretty much passes one cell tower, a closed off field, and then ends at a gate before another cell tower. Unless you need to relieve yourself or you are bored it isn't even worth making the 3-point turn to get back out of there.

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I zoomed in and the powerline looked like it was or once had been a road. Thanks for the info.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I zoomed in and the powerline looked like it was or once had been a road. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, there are a lot of tracks up that way that have been closed for years. There is another one that shows on maps close to there but on the gorge side that probably hasn't been opened in years. When I have free time on the weekends I go up into the woods and just explore any and all unpaved roads I can find. That's how my car got the name of the Appalachia Wander Wagon - because it is always wandering around.

Reactions: Retinens803

Nbharris350

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cary, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Harris
I’m tryin to do a winter weekend in nc if anyone is interested I have a bone stock 4x4 sunburban so no difficult trails
i wouldnt mind going to uwharrie and trying out the truck. id like to see if there is any decent camping. i live in the raleigh area and there isnt much around.

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

Free camping all over Uwharrie park. Here's something I recommend. Just outside of Uwharrie

Here I am near the end. The great part is it's guided with pro's making sure you are safe.
Those links are showing as broken, do you have the company / group page and name to find them?

c7n8k9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

University Heights, OH, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Kitts
Member #

Visiting family in NC. Decided to visit Uwharrie National Forest and had a blast. We took my bone stock VW Touareg T3 TDI. Hopefully next month I can get a 2" lift and larger tires, but was surprised by the stock capabilities.

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
For those in ENC, check out Corolla Beach on the Outer Banks. Hwy 12 runs straight out onto the sand, no permits required, but you ARE NOT allowed to stop. It is a public highway.

There are wild horses out there, beware of them and do not approach. The Outer Banks have awesome scenery.

Reactions: Ironside Overland