Launch Member

Contributor I

Gambier, OH, USA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

EXPED Megamat 10 is the best camp sleeping pad I’ve ever used.

Available at REI and similar outfitters.

It’s not cheap but worth every penny. I’m 6’5 196 lbs so I went with the LXW (long extra-wide.) I’ve used all sorts of pads over the years. This is the most comfortable. It’s also quiet to lay on (cheap inflatables are noisy) and packs down easily and to a relatively small size.

<<I paid retail for my pad. I am in no way associated with REI, nor EXPED>>

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
I've seen TONS of great reviews on this pad, but have yet to purchase one myself.
Although I used my REI member 20% off coupon on something else I NEEDED, I'm slightly kicking myself for not ponying up for this pad.
It will likely be what I use the 20% off on in fall though, if they keep with their regular promo schedule (spring/fall).

Tall Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Gambier, OH, USA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

I've seen TONS of great reviews on this pad, but have yet to purchase one myself.
Although I used my REI member 20% off coupon on something else I NEEDED, I'm slightly kicking myself for not ponying up for this pad.
It will likely be what I use the 20% off on in fall though, if they keep with their regular promo schedule (spring/fall).
I’m with you. The price really held me back.

I bought this one on the Memorial Day weekend sale. I should have gotten two. My wife will get this one when we are out together but at least I get it when I’m solo.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

We bought the Duo version of the MegaMat during the Memorial Day sale and are using it currently on our road trip (I am actually on it while I'm typing this :-). i was curious if it was just hype for an overpriced product or if the quality is as good as others have said, and I'm happy to report that it is...

Reactions: Tall Man

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I have this pad and it has been great. I use it in my trailer when I am solo. I can put my bed platform into couch mode for more room. I also use this on top of a cot or on the ground (which is rare)

They are worth the investment if you can find something you like. Crappy nights of sleeping make for lousy trips.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I can't believe someone can't make a good sleeping pad for under $200. I need to get two of them and I just can't see spending $400 for something that gets used a few times a year.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I can't believe someone can't make a good sleeping pad for under $200. I need to get two of them and I just can't see spending $400 for something that gets used a few times a year.
Check out the American Furniture Alliance Jr Twin Black Trifold Mattress on Amazon, $45. Takes more room than the inflatables but is 3.5" thick foam, enough for a good nights sleep.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Check out the American Furniture Alliance Jr Twin Black Trifold Mattress on Amazon, $45. Takes more room than the inflatables but is 3.5" thick foam, enough for a good nights sleep.
Thanks, poking around Amazon I found this one that I think I'm going to give a try, has a 4.8 rating.