Best electric cordless chain saw for trail clearing? ***DeWalt Flexvolt 60V Max 16 inch or Greenworks Pro 80V 18 inch***

• HTML tutorial

Xdtitan

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Friends have pretty much every cordless tool brand among them they all work good with varying levels of torque depending on voltage and ah battery size. The tool-less chain adjusters seem to be more trouble than there worth still work but you have to be a little more careful of angles or the chain comes off. I've been waiting for DeWalt to come out with a new 60v one that uses studs and nuts for the bar which will be out this spring. specs look pretty good on paper so I'll wait and see. I already have a lot of DeWalt cordless tools and batteries so makes sense to stick with DeWalt or just keep using my Stihl saws

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Curious to those who carry a chain saw…how much use to you get out of it while overlanding?
Since we now have a "fire season" out here in the west, I'm realizing having a chainsaw to clear roads and trails will become somewhat regular. Last trip I went on, there was a lot of clearing needed and I didn't have a chainsaw. Fortunately the 2 other guys did. I have a hand-saw for cutting small branches, and a hatchet, but was thinking if I was caught out and needed to evacuate I don't want to be hand sawing a fallen branch from a previous fire while trying to escape.

I'm looking at getting a 14" Makita since I already have batteries for other tools I use.

Does it matter if it's a rear hand, or top hand? Besides hand position, is there a difference?