Sergio
Last Name
Morariu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KOP
Service Branch
Navy

Steve Williams will lead from the Bay Area on September 20. I'll meet you in Bend Oregon on September 21. This should be a 5 day trip. We must be home by September 27

I have no idea what the road conditions are like, but the most difficult section is rated as moderate per OnX.

I'll have a .gpx for you soon.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Sounds Amazing! - Thanks for setting it up - RSVP'd for now.

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Sounds like a great trip but I will be attending a work conference and not back in time. Enjoy!

Reactions: Advtres

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Hi All,

Sorry it took so long to get an trip report updated. Seemed I fell into the never ending oubliette of being sick or life related stress! - Egads
So anywho - all that behind us, we had an awesome time! 5 days of overlanding through some amazing landscapes. It is truly one of those life experiences you soon do not forget.
The group was tight and Sergio was an awesome partner keeping us well fed!

We met up at McKay Campground outside of Bend, and then heading to Poverty Basin where we camped the first "trip" night. From there we cavorted over to the Hart Mountain Antelope Refuge and enjoyed 2 days exploring the sites around this location. The campground here is great, and the hotsprings very welcome!

After that we then bumped our way out to Willow Creek Hot Springs and took in some of the areas early history, and that night enjoyed another dip @ the campground hot spring. - Yes, it was epic!

Out last driving day found us traversing desert landscape and playa conditions to barely escape being captured by the playa mud to find ourselves camping out at the Alvord Hot Springs.
Yes I think you see a theme here... it was real!

Trip Video on Youtube here

Thank You to Steve and Sergio for making it an amazing adventure! ❤ you guys!

Reactions: Roger 2486

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Liz, i watched this earlier - what an awesome trip and very well done video report. So bummed I missed this one. . Thanks for sharing