Beginnings of my overland trailer

• HTML tutorial

buns79

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

hey guys just wanted to say hey and show you all a few shots of my trailer I've been building for the last month or so, it started life as a harbor freight super duty trailer frame and there's not much left of that! First things first I switched out the axle for a 3500lb u it with 31/10.50/15 tires, added a front to rear 2x2 steel backbone that has a 2" receiver on each end, next was the floor and sides which consist of 1/8" Steel diamond tread for the floor and 2"X1" rectangle uprights with 1/8" steel sheet wall. I plan on adding onboard water and electric and a roof top tent as well with the hopes of goin to a off-road teardrop at some point. Anyway here are a few pics and yes it still needs sandblasted and painted! Lol

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

I'll watch this with great interest. Looks like a very nice base trailer to work from, Jason.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I will watch this as well. Have fun and I think it will be very much suited for the job.

Succes.

Greetings from Robert

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Nice! you make my trailer look tiny compared to yours. @administrator

buns79

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Just retired from 10days in Florida to attend jeepbeach and to do some camping and such. Spent several nights in the national forest in Ocala fl. And it was awsome as was the activities at jeepbeach! Got to visit the shop of Panther trailer company which makes small overland style campers which are awsome and we will def be needing one someday but as for now it's back to work on mine.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

LOL, he was only here for one day back in April. I don't think he'll see your request. ;)