Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi.
I’m Zaid..

I live in Los Angeles and I’m planing to do my first Overlanding in July 20.
If anybody planning any trip around that date please let me know! Or any suggestions trails and camping spots for beginner.

Thank you
Welcome to Overland Bound Zaid
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Zaid

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Hello There,
Well... what direction you plan on going and for how long?
There are many factors to consider on this, to prepare for you first trip. I would do a shake down trip for the first time out, somewhere close, get to know the gear you have and/or done have, and supplies needed. The rig is just a tool to get you there, explore, and get you home. Many things to plan for depends on where you are going, I would assume heading for the higher elevation to avoid the summer heat...?

Reactions: tundra21 and Zaid

Zaid

Rank II

Contributor II

West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Zaid
Last Name
Aljumaily
Member #

Hi.
I’m Zaid..

If anybody planning any trip around that date please let me know! Or any suggestions trails and camping spots for beginner.

Thank you
Welcome to Overland Bound Zaid
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Hello Kent.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and information.
I really appreciate it!

Zaid

Rank II

Contributor II

West Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Zaid
Last Name
Aljumaily
Member #

Hello There,
Well... what direction you plan on going and for how long?
There are many factors to consider on this, to prepare for you first trip. I would do a shake down trip for the first time out, somewhere close, get to know the gear you have and/or done have, and supplies needed. The rig is just a tool to get you there, explore, and get you home. Many things to plan for depends on where you are going, I would assume heading for the higher elevation to avoid the summer heat...?
Hello.
Thank you for your reply.
I’m thinking about Big Sur area or anywhere close by and planning to do a 5 days trip,
I have been learning and educating myself about overloading from this amazing organization and people here.I kinda have most of the gears that would keep me comfortable away from home for few days , I was thinking to do a trip around LA area but I heard it will be busy everywhere around LA and not nice spots.

Thank you

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Zaid

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome to the campfire! There are plenty of nice places around LA, I have been camping at them most of my life. What are your other interest? Are you looking to get away from everybody or just most? Many here love to drive and test their skills wheeling, I tend to go places and post up to play, fish, hike, kayak, surf, etc. and do short off road side trips.

In the greater LA area we have beaches, mountains, deserts. With less than 6 hour drive there is plenty of remote places to camp and play. There is a bit of fashion with overlanding in regards to gear and places to go. Many go to the Big Bear area fewer go to Los Padres, many go up the east side of the Sierra while the west sees far fewer from LA. State and national parks exist because they need to be preserved for the future and you can visit them today.

TCorona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Hello.
Thank you for your reply.
I’m thinking about Big Sur area or anywhere close by and planning to do a 5 days trip,
I have been learning and educating myself about overloading from this amazing organization and people here.I kinda have most of the gears that would keep me comfortable away from home for few days , I was thinking to do a trip around LA area but I heard it will be busy everywhere around LA and not nice spots.

Thank you
Hello,
Sounds good, looks like you have the gear issue covered, there are still things to consider on planning the trip and where to go...
Yes, this is true, anything in and around LA will be heard to deal with, also anywhere along the coast of California during the summer will also give you problems. Campgrounds and camping spots will all be full, crowded and hard to find. The coast is great for the cool weather, but because of that it will be packed.
Another thing to consider is heading for the high country, there are more places you can find to truly get the overlanding experience of finding spots that allow you to really use and depend on your vehicle and gear. If you do your research there are plenty of spots and locations with primitive campgrounds and/or disperse camping and forest service roads and will put your rig and gear to the test.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi.
I’m Zaid..

Thank you
Welcome to the overland bound community. Glad to have you join us.