Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE

Camp fire and shooting stars! join us on this awesome trip to Bear Lake. We will be doing some exploring at the High Lakes and camping at Bear Lake. Bring your drinks, food , guitar, bongos for a good time at the first camp fire of Winter! 4x4 vehicles with 33" A/T tires minimum, preferable with the "three peak snowflake" symbol, winch is preferred but not required. This is a moderate trail and if you want to graduate from fire roads to a bit more rugged terrain, this is the perfect opportunity. Best time of the year to take pictures and video, awesome autumn pre-winter colors.

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
This is my first year overlanding. I have no idea what "moderate" means, and I don't just stick to gravel roads, though that is mostly what I have driven. Attached pic is the toughest pitch I drove down in the White Mountains. I was told the road was washed out - I think this was the bit they meant. Luckily I was going down - not sure I could have driven up it without some help as I was solo. I drove up Lippencott in Death Valley with no problem. I almost exclusively solo as I just go where I want, when I want since I am single and retired.

My rig is a 2020 4Runner with Icon stage 6 suspension and BFG KO2's that are just under 33". There are no tri peak images, but they are rated mud and snow. Also has RCI skid plates, sliders and a winch.

Your Bear Lake trip sounds like a fun one, so long as it is not too much snow yet. This was quite a storm just went through. I especially like the idea of a rated trail so I can learn from others.

If you say OK I will add me to the list.

Attachments

808Fundra

Rank II

Contributor III

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Lee
Member #

This is my first year overlanding. I have no idea what "moderate" means, and I don't just stick to gravel roads, though that is mostly what I have driven. Attached pic is the toughest pitch I drove down in the White Mountains. I was told the road was washed out - I think this was the bit they meant. Luckily I was going down - not sure I could have driven up it without some help as I was solo. I drove up Lippencott in Death Valley with no problem. I almost exclusively solo as I just go where I want, when I want since I am single and retired.

My rig is a 2020 4Runner with Icon stage 6 suspension and BFG KO2's that are just under 33". There are no tri peak images, but they are rated mud and snow. Also has RCI skid plates, sliders and a winch.

Your Bear Lake trip sounds like a fun one, so long as it is not too much snow yet. This was quite a storm just went through. I especially like the idea of a rated trail so I can learn from others.

You should be just fine, SWLands!

Auggie

Rank V

Advocate III

Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE
This is my first year overlanding. I have no idea what \"moderate\" means, and I don\'t just stick to gravel roads, though that is mostly what I have driven. Attached pic is the toughest pitch I drove down in the White Mountains. I was told the road was washed out - I think this was the bit they meant. Luckily I was going down - not sure I could have driven up it without some help as I was solo. I drove up Lippencott in Death Valley with no problem. I almost exclusively solo as I just go where I want, when I want since I am single and retired.

My rig is a 2020 4Runner with Icon stage 6 suspension and BFG KO2\'s that are just under 33\". There are no tri peak images, but they are rated mud and snow. Also has RCI skid plates, sliders and a winch.

Hello my friend, the snow we got is all washed out with heavy rain and warm weather. We may get some snow in that area after our trip so we are fine. Your rig is fine with those KO tires and I feel this is the perfect trip for you to figure out your next level. Bring layers of clothing and ready for the cold, we will have a nice fire going around the clock to keep us warm and create a nicer atmosphere. There is no rain on the forecast as of today. Cheers

Reactions: SWLands

Auggie

Rank V

Advocate III

Oroville, CA, USA
First Name
Auggie
Last Name
Mireles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6ICE

judging by the picture, you are all set to go!

Reactions: SWLands

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign