Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Does anyone know if there is a BDR route for Texas from north to south or if one is in the works?
And then part 2 is... if not, who is interested in helping me piece one together?
As much dirt roads as possible from border to border.

Reactions: Paul1982

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Does anyone know if there is a BDR route for Texas from north to south or if one is in the works?
And then part 2 is... if not, who is interested in helping me piece one together?
As much dirt roads as possible from border to border.
The south sections should be pretty easy to source gravel, especially S SW of San Antonio. I’d expect you’d go west for the next portions. If you can find the Benchmark maps Texas road and recreation atlas, it has the surface type. I’ll bring it Saturday

Reactions: Tom Cole

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I don’t think that there is much in the way of a BDR like those in some of the other western states. I did read this last night:

Maybe this could get you started!

Cheers,
SM
Thank you. I've done a fair share of TX dirt Roads, which of most are west Texas. I'd like to link them up. Thanks for the post.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Laud may be of more help with this.
I know he has a route that circumvents the Texas state line and possibly an E/W BDR, I would be surprised if he doesn't have a N/S BDR as well.

There is also the T.E.A.T (Texas Epic Adventure Trail) that goes from Big Bend down towards San Antonio and then up towards Oklahoma.

Reactions: Tom Cole