Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I bought the BudBuilt hidden winch mount about 3 months ago, and then MetalTech sucked me in with the group buy on the Goblin. So if anyone in the Bay Area would like to save $$ on shipping, I’d like to pass this on. It was mounted for about 2 months but never used to pull. I’ll also include the 2” metal spacers I bought separately for the fairlead mount and a Hawse fairlead. And of course all the original mounting hardware.

As with all BudBuilt products this thing is super beefy. I’ll even help you install it if you want. http://budbuilt.com/2003-2009-Lexus-Hidden-Winch-Mount-_p_692.htm

9E84AB34-3665-407B-9B16-24C49120E307.jpeg 664D7E12-213C-4961-BE4F-E8525BE5450A.jpeg F22B304D-6F5D-495C-A728-62895028C82C.jpeg l

Reactions: Leclerc.27

Leclerc.27

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Shore, MA
Member #

I bought the BudBuilt hidden winch mount about 3 months ago, and then MetalTech sucked me in with the group buy on the Goblin. So if anyone in the Bay Area would like to save $$ on shipping, I’d like to pass this on. It was mounted for about 2 months but never used to pull. I’ll also include the 2” metal spacers I bought separately for the fairlead mount and a Hawse fairlead. And of course all the original mounting hardware.

As with all BudBuilt products this thing is super beefy. I’ll even help you install it if you want. http://budbuilt.com/2003-2009-Lexus-Hidden-Winch-Mount-_p_692.htm

View attachment 58547 View attachment 58548 View attachment 58549 l
I wanted to say good luck with the sale and the offer to help is just nice to see; good to have that in the community.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I wanted to say good luck with the sale and the offer to help is just nice to see; good to have that in the community.
Thanks man- the install isn’t hard, but now that I’ve done it once I could help someone else do it much more quickly. Hopefully someone will pick it up!

Boosted 1

Rank 0

Traveler I

I just “inherited” the 470 from my wife, she got a new 460. I was just wondering what all do I need for the budbuilt mount? I see you say 2 spacers for the fair lead. Was there any custom work needed (other than cutting into the bumper?) I’m in Alabama or I would take you up on the offer to buy it and you help install lol.

Thanks
Ches

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I just “inherited” the 470 from my wife, she got a new 460. I was just wondering what all do I need for the budbuilt mount? I see you say 2 spacers for the fair lead. Was there any custom work needed (other than cutting into the bumper?) I’m in Alabama or I would take you up on the offer to buy it and you help install lol.

Thanks
Ches
Congrats on inheriting the 470! Not sure you got the good end of that deal though. :)

Yes spacers between the mount and the bumper fascia, and a hole for the rope. That’s really it.

I’ve also been sitting on this in the garage for awhile now- let me know if you want to save some $$ on mine. At this point I could eat the shipping cost (I think! Haven’t checked cost sending to Alabama). Can’t help with the install much though. At least in person. :)

Boosted 1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Congrats on inheriting the 470! Not sure you got the good end of that deal though. :)

Yes spacers between the mount and the bumper fascia, and a hole for the rope. That’s really it.

I’ve also been sitting on this in the garage for awhile now- let me know if you want to save some $$ on mine. At this point I could eat the shipping cost (I think! Haven’t checked cost sending to Alabama). Can’t help with the install much though. At least in person. :)
Just wondering if you were able to check on shipping to Alabama?

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I used these and they’re perfect. I’ll let you know if the other deal falls through. Thx!

YITAMOTOR 2" Leveling Kit Lift Kit...