Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
So the Front Runner Slimline ii Batwing mounts don’t fit a 2018 Rhino Rack Batwing awning. WTH...

I don’t know if only using the top rail on the awning and the top mount points on the mounts are adequate/enough.

Anyone else have this setup? How did you resolve this fit issue?

IMG_1344.JPG

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
maybe you got a defect? Id call rhino. Weve had 3 for 3 defective stuff from Yakima....
I think Front Runner is just trying to reuse and old awning mount and never measured to see if it fits the new model of the Batwing.

I still got it mounted last night. I used just the top rail of the awning and the two top mounting points in the rack mount. Would feel better if the top and bottom rails of the awning were attached but I think this will work.

Attachments

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Those Front Runner mounts fit the Bat and Manta 270 awnings from Eezi-Awn. Not the Rhino Rack Batwing. You can see it on Front Runners site. Rhino Rack makes a lot of mounts for their Batwing

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
Those Front Runner mounts fit the Bat and Manta 270 awnings from Eezi-Awn. Not the Rhino Rack Batwing. You can see it on Front Runners site. Rhino Rack makes a lot of mounts for their Batwing
Oh I didn’t realize that there were two different awnings with the same name: Batwing lol

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
So I was able to purchase a set of the Frontrunner Foxwing mounts and they fit the Batwing like a glove! The heads of the mounting screws that came with the Foxwing mounts are alittle too small so I used the larger ones from the originally purchased Batwing mounts. It's so much more secure and sites lower on the rack so it's a huge improvement. So if anyone is looking for a similar setup the Foxwing mounts will fit, but you'll need the larger headed screws (the same ones you use to put in the rails of the Slimline II horizontal rails.)

Here's some photos on the Instagrams

sue.f

Rank 0

Contributor I

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Sue
Last Name
Foster
So I was able to purchase a set of the Frontrunner Foxwing mounts and they fit the Batwing like a glove! The heads of the mounting screws that came with the Foxwing mounts are alittle too small so I used the larger ones from the originally purchased Batwing mounts. It's so much more secure and sites lower on the rack so it's a huge improvement. So if anyone is looking for a similar setup the Foxwing mounts will fit, but you'll need the larger headed screws (the same ones you use to put in the rails of the Slimline II horizontal rails.)

Here's some photos on the Instagrams
Curious if you bought both the Batwing mounts and the Foxwing mounts? Are the screws from the Batwing mounts something that I can purchase from Front Runner? Did you end up getting the screws from a hardware store? Would appreciate any details that you can remember.