Launch Member

Contributor I

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Kristin
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

I picked up The Zeus by Uncharted Supply Co. The Zeus - Portable Jump Starter & USB Charger. On my few test runs and once when my battery actually did die (after driving 3 days through the Mojave Trail), it worked perfectly. No complaints, super user friendly, and tons of good uses (jump started, usb port for charging, flashlight, accessory cords, etc.).

Reactions: Pipo97

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Its hard to find a good set of cables anymore i use 0 cable, attach alligator clamps with a hylcat connector to plug into my winch connection, those charging battery packs normally only last 3-5 years before the battery goes bad but when they do go bad there are some usefull switches and other electonic parts that can be used elsewhere.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I saw a video where a guy jump started 20 cars in a junkyard with one of these, probably the one I'll get since I really like the NOCO battery charger I have. Seems all the ones here work about the same and come in around the same price!

Reactions: Pipo97

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
While these are good and usually work when you need them, I would also keep a set of jumper cables for those times when the jump box doesn't work or is dead.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Its hard to find a good set of cables anymore i use 0 cable, attach alligator clamps with a hylcat connector to plug into my winch connection, those charging battery packs normally only last 3-5 years before the battery goes bad but when they do go bad there are some usefull switches and other electonic parts that can be used elsewhere.
I figured as much, as often as I’ve ever needed a jump, I’d have been through 3 of those things and never used any of em.. I do keep an old set of cables up in the barn,, wait, no I don’t, my wife reminded me that our daughter made off with them years ago .

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I currently have an XP-10 from Micro Start. I have used it more times than I wished I had and am really amazed by the little tool.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I saw a video where a guy jump started 20 cars in a junkyard with one of these, probably the one I'll get since I really like the NOCO battery charger I have. Seems all the ones here work about the same and come in around the same price!

When a car is warmed up, shut off, it takes almost zero effort to start it.
If you need to start because you left the lights on, cooler plugged in, it takes no effort to start it.

If it is 30 below, the only time I've needed a boost, you need a tonne of cold cranking amps. Big cables, copper clamps, clean terminals.

Reactions: Viking1204 and MOAK

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

I currently have one a gb150.

This thing has never had an issue. Start fleet vehicles every other day with it out in the field. Will start a diesel big rig. For personal use I would recommend a smaller one but recommend the company fully. Their jumpers just work.

I do recommend moving into a agm style battery like optima or odyssey. They do much better in the cold in retaining energy. The regular plated batteries just can’t keep up with the loads of using them to camp and such. Hope this helps.

drrobinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0DRR
We have a NOCO GB40 in each vehicle.
Fortunately, I never have needed it for our own vehicles but have used three times on others.
I just had them out of the vehicles the other day to check and charge. Both still showed 100% after 6 months. One of them had even been used to jump another vehicle. I'm still going to check and charge every 6 months, but nice to see they don't bleed much (as you would expect with LIFeP04).
Just works!

Reactions: Josh56

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Consumer reports rated the XP-10 the best overall. I use mine on occasion, does what it is meant to do.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I have a Noco GB70 in both my Jeep and my Cummins. The GB70 is a bit overkill for the Jeep. I am very impressed with them. I have also used the XP-10 HD. It was nice but I prefer the Noco units. A friend's XP-10 swelled up. My oldest GB70 is 2 yrs old now and seems to be doing fine.