US Rocky Mountain Barracks Trail 6-15-19 Southern Utah Trail run!

• HTML tutorial

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Meeting at Maverik 15 N State St, Hurricane, UT @ 8:00 AM to run the Barracks trail.. Starting off the Coral Pink Sand Dunes road running north to Mt. Carmel Jct. on the East side of Zion NP. Come prepared to splash, dig, pull. We will cross the river nearly 20 times. Bring your A game.. this trail is normally rated a 2.5 and can be done in a moderately lifted 4x4 vehicle. Reports say it is a good time to go and the water should be low and running mostly clear. Hope for the best.. plan for the worst. The trail is 20 miles off pavement, shorter wheelbase vehicles should have fewer troubles. There are plenty of youtube videos to give you and idea of the trail, if you just want to come along.. meet at maverik and ride with me.

Hope to see you there!

View Rally Point

Cuffs

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

La Verkin, UT, USA
First Name
Wendi
Last Name
Merritt
Member #

I really really want to! Not sure of water depths/mud conditions. And total newb soooo... We'll see!

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I am a hard maybe! I have no front tow point and would hate to get stuck in that sand with no way out. It does look like a beautiful trail ( ) that I will add to the list and hope to do another time (if you do it again). Makes me want a winch!!! LOL

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Meeting at Maverik 15 N State St, Hurricane, UT @ 8:00 AM to run the Barracks trail.. Starting off the Coral Pink Sand Dunes road running north to Mt. Carmel Jct. on the East side of Zion NP. Come prepared to splash, dig, pull. We will cross the river nearly 20 times. Bring your A game.. this trail is normally rated a 2.5 and can be done in a moderately lifted 4x4 vehicle. Reports say it is a good time to go and the water should be low and running mostly clear. Hope for the best.. plan for the worst. The trail is 20 miles off pavement, shorter wheelbase vehicles should have fewer troubles. There are plenty of youtube videos to give you and idea of the trail, if you just want to come along.. meet at maverik and ride with me.

Hope to see you there!
Your killing is e bud, why all the run stuff when I'm gone... just kidding [emoji109]

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I would be interested in doing it with you montazuma. Was really tempted do go with this group, but I dont know the conditions.
Trail was easy, to mild.. nothing I wouldn't have done in my stock 05 Tacoma back in the day.. although a mild lift would be helpful in a few spots, mostly just fun very scenic drive through some of the most beautiful country with a few semi technical obstacles..