Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Every year where I live, we become overrun with Bald Eagles and bird watchers. People come from all over the world to view and photograph the eagles. Yesterday we decided to jump in the Jeep and run down to the Mississippi River to do some bird watching. Of course, I didn't bother to bring my real camera. All we had were our cell phones. People congregate along the dams and rollers to photograph. Usually the river is frozen, but along the rollers where the water is churning, eagles and other birds of prey can fish. So, up and down the Mississippi will be bird watchers/photographers congregating.

Of course, I didn't bother to grab the good camera. Which I'm kinda glad I didn't since I had "lens envy". Some guys from Japan had lenses longer than I am tall. lol Anyway, if you're a Midwesterner, and enjoy bird watching, Iowa in the winter time might be a place for you to check out. Sorry, I don't have any killer shots of Bald Eagles. But, here's a few snapshots from our day trip.

IMG_1312.JPG

A group of tourists waiting for the perfect shot of an eagle. IMG_1313.JPG

Shoreline is thawing. IMG_1316.JPG

Attempting to skip rocks. IMG_1327.JPG

The wife and daughter. Behind them is the rollers where the eagles and other birds like to fish. IMG_1329.JPG

Gratuitous photo of me and my lovely wife. IMG_1330.JPG

Sometimes really cool ice formations form on the rocks. IMG_1332.JPG

Callee enjoys collecting seashells like I did as a kid. IMG_1337.JPG

Cellphone shot of a Bald Eagle. IMG_1340.JPG

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hmm, not sure why my files are so small. Was going to add info to each image. Can you only do that if you link from an external site like Photobucket?