Bailey's 2010 Tundra & 2018 Four Wheel Camper

• HTML tutorial

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hey everyone!

I figured I would start a build thread for the new project. Picked up a 2010 Tundra, 4x4 Platinum w/ 106k miles December 13, 2017. From 12/13/17 to 12/17/18, the builds primary use was a Reliable DD that could get me anywhere I want and home at the end of the weekend. Just a Build for camping, road trips, and exploring with the pup (Ozzy) and Family/Friends. As of 12/18/18, I've been full-timing in my Four Wheel Camper Raven and working while on the road. Comment below if you have any questions about the setup

How she sits:

Lighting/Electrical:
- Baja Designs, Plug and Play, 07-13 Tundra Fog Kit w/ Squadron-R Sport, Pair, Amber Wide Cornering (Fog Lights)
- Baja Designs, S2 Sport, Flush Mount, Wide Cornering (Reverse Light)
- Baja Designs, S2 Sport, Flush Mount, Amber Wide Cornering (Dust/Safety Light)
- Baja Designs, XL80, Pair, w/ Spot Lenses (Distance/Off-Road Lights)
- Switch Pros SP-9100 (Install Link)
- Alinco DR-638T Commercial Radio

Front Suspension:
- Total Chaos Upper Control Arms (UCAs)
- Elka 2.5's with High and Low-Speed Compression Adjusters

Rear Suspension:
- Toytec 1-1/2" Block
- Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
- Daystar Airbag Cradles
- Elka 2.5's with High and Low-Speed Compression Adjusters

Miscellaneous Gear:
- MAXTRAX MKII Orange
- SDHQ Ditch Light Brackets
- 2018 Four Wheel Campers - Raven (Shell)
- TOTAL CHAOS Skid Plates

Wheels/Tires:
- 17" TRD Forged Rock Warrior Wheels
- 34x11.5 Toyo Open Country ATII

Interior:
- MAX Liner USA, Grey All-Weather Floor Mats
- Pet Seat Cover

How I bought her:

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Big suspension upgrade for the Tundra!

I picked up a set of Elka 2.5 Coilovers and Rear Shocks from Toytec Lifts earlier this week. Here are a couple of pics from the install:

Very excited to be running these, especially here in Colorado. The shock bodies are anodized aluminum which offers much more corrosion resistance over a steel shock body. This means they'll stay looking nice and won't rust like some of the other options

(I hate mag chloride & road salt )

How the truck sits:

So far, these have completely changed the ride of the truck. The largest change is when hitting a series of bumps or potholes. With the spacer lift, the truck would dive into bumps and potholes and the steering wheel would jerk left to right. Now, I can hit the same "obstacles" and the truck barely moves. It completely absorbs the impact and the steering feels consistent. There are still a few very large bumps that you definitely feel. I plan to mess around with the High and Low-Speed compression adjustments to see if I can reduce that. It's nice being able to fine-tune the ride without having to take apart the shock

I haven't had a chance to air down while hitting the dirt. This is just feedback from Thursday-Now. Will collect more data on my trip to SoCal in 2 weeks. I'll have a chance to hit a variety of terrain and air down the tires. With that said, I'm very impressed with the build and ride quality, these are certainly set up well right out of the box.

More feedback will be shared after putting 1500 miles on them, keep an eye out for that post around the end of this month

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Been a customer of TOTAL CHAOS since 2012 and recently stopped by for a visit. While I was picking up my skid plates I talked with Nicole about something cool for Overlanders and Adventure-Campers. I am full-timing out of my Raven Four Wheel Campers and am currently spending time in SoCal. Anyone who flags me down gets a FREE TC Patch. Thought this might be fun for those who spend some time in the dirt and collect patches

Note: One per location

Hint: Look for the reflective TOTAL CHAOS decal on the back door of the FWC

Current Location: Arroyo Salado Primitive Campground

Hope to have some friendly faces stop by

-Bailey

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

A few more pics from Anza Borrego

Ozzy loves his camper ^

Looks like this will be my last trip to Anza until the end of 2019 or possibly early 2020. The weather is getting warm and my travels call for me to head out of SoCal and slowly make my way back to CO

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Updated the original post with the current "build"

I have something exciting coming tomorrow. I decided to order a hitch-mounted bike rack from 1UP USA. This will allow me to take my MTB with me on my travels and hit some amazing trails. I can't tell you how many spots I've passed on my travels and wished I had my bike with me. Very excited to receive this :)