Bailey's 2010 Tundra & 2018 Four Wheel Camper

• HTML tutorial

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

After 6 months of running a Four Wheel Camper on my Toyota Tundra, it's time for more organized storage. I ran a Goose Gear system in my FJ Cruiser and was very happy. I decided to reach out to them to see if they had an interest in developing a system for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax (07-13).

While chatting with Goose Gear, Brian determined it would be best to offer 3 options for customers. A 40% delete, 60% delete, or the option to delete all 100%. This allows you to run a drawer on the passenger side, driver side, or a drawer on both sides.

He took some measurements and did his magic on the computer. It was impressive to see the computer design come to life on the CNC machine:

A few pics of the prototypes:
40% Delete

60% Delete

100% Delete

Production models will be coated in bullet liner and the access cubbies will be fully assembled with latches.

I plan to delete the entire back seat and run 2-22" wide drawers (one on each side). This will allow me to store my jumper cables, tools, bike gear, and more. The dog will have a bed on top of the drawer so he can be comfortable on our adventures.

I'll post more pictures as progress is made on the seat delete and drawers. At this time, I don't have any clue when GG will release production models. They are just starting this project :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Had a few things I needed to fix before we could finish the Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete

One of them was covering the hole that was behind the rear seat. The previous owner of this truck had quite a few radios mounted to a custom panel behind the seat. I ended up removing the panel and covering the hole.

I added an MSA 4x4 small organizer from Adventure Imports, my Adventure Medical Kit, and a few random patches. Happy with how this turned out

Now it's time to make more progress on the seat delete

Reactions: JCWages

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Not sure what the seat delete will weigh once coated and assembled. I'll try to post a final weight

I do know it'll weigh less than the factory seats... those buggers are heavy (145.7lbs | 40% = 53.8lbs, 60% = 91.9lbs)

Reactions: dj_mccomas

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Currently in Oregon

Here are a few pics of my NWOR (North West Overland Rally) trip so far with Chris M. from TOTAL CHAOS Fabrication.

We camped on National Forest Land near Mammoth Lakes Sunday, Plumas National Forest last night and now we're in Oregon.

More pictures to come...

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Currently in Oregon

Here are a few pics of my NWOR (North West Overland Rally) trip so far with Chris M. from TOTAL CHAOS Fabrication.

We camped on National Forest Land near Mammoth Lakes Sunday, Plumas National Forest last night and now we're in Oregon.

More pictures to come...
More pics...

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

A few days ago I took Imogene Pass up from Telluride to Tomboy. The pass was closed at Tomboy. On Friday morning I took Imogene Pass from Ouray just past Upper Camp Bird Mine (~11,500ft). Had lunch and turned back down. Looks like it'll be a few more days before the entire pass is open.

It was a little rough but I'm happy with how the Tundra and Four Wheel Camper handled everything. Check out some pics below:

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I decided to add a safe to the center console of the Tundra. I wanted something secure for certain valuables while maintaining some use of the massive center console

The 07-13 Tundra console safes tend to cost around $300 and take up the entire console. I went with something else for a fraction of the price. Take a look at the pics below

AMAZON | Sentry Safe QAP1E | $74.39

(ignore the mess ;))

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Left Colorado a little early to head East and explore. Currently sitting at a Rest Stop along I-70 in Missouri

I need to be in DC 9/30 to visit the girlfriend but I don't much in the plans before then. Going to cut through Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Virginia (maybe other states too?) I'm hoping to find some free camping along the way.

Haven't taken any pics besides the one above

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

So many amazing pictures. Very nice build. I appreciate the use of amber lights around the truck. Keep up the good work.

BJ'sFJ

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Traveled through 19 states in just under 10 months of owning my Four Wheel Camper. Going to try and make it 25 states before my 1 year anniversary (11/23). Currently in Pennsylvania

I've been very happy with the way the truck & camper have handled life on the road. The TOTAL CHAOS upper control arms and Elka Suspension have made the truck ride like a dream, especially on long drives.

No complaints about the Baja Designs lights either. The perimeter lighting has definitely come in handy a few times. I don't really use the XL80s that often since I'm not on the road too much when it's dark.

My tires have over 35k miles on them and will need to be replaced in the spring of next year. Most likely going with the same Toyo ATII in 34x11.5. It's a great tire that has handled anything I've thrown at it.

I will be on the East Coast until the middle of October. Not exactly sure when I'm headed back to CO and how long It'll take me. Having too much fun out here :)

Reactions: trikebubble

Poserlander

Rank 0

Traveler I

Cayucos
I had a 2014 four wheel. It was so nice I didn’t want to take it down any of the trails we typically go down. My wife called it diet four wheeling lol.