Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
FREE Backcountry Preparedness class presented by Kootenai County Sheriff Volunteer Search & Rescue! This one night event is March 30th from 6:00 to 8:00pm at 10865 N Ramsey Road in Hayden, Idaho. We will be providing FREE hot dogs, chips, and drinks to participants.
The first hour will consist of instruction from VSAR instructors followed by an hour of demonstrations and hands on instruction. This event is open to the community and is hosted in conjunction with Backcountry Association, Inc ATV & UTV, and North Idaho ATV Association.

Instruction is focused on emergency preparedness, survival skills, practical applications, and cooperation with emergency services. If you have any questions, please inquire with Overland Bound member #11674 (Mike Dubya)

Put it in your calendar now and please RSVP to this Rally Point!

View Rally Point

C-Rod

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central Valley, Utah, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Rodriguez
I will be there and will likely bring my two oldest kids if allowed. They are 10 and 8. I really enjoy these types of things and would even be happy to help with some. Thanks for putting this together!

Reactions: Mike Dubya

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
I will be there and will likely bring my two oldest kids if allowed. They are 10 and 8. I really enjoy these types of things and would even be happy to help with some. Thanks for putting this together!
Definitely bring the kids! They need to know about this too!

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
There has been a great response to the Backcountry Travel Preparedness event on March 30th.
As of this point, I have 24 confirmations of attendance. As such I anticipate we will likely need to be prepared for 50 total attendees. The supplies that are needed for the food service are as follows:

50 Hot dogs
50 Hot dog buns
50 Mini chip bags
50 cans of various soda
50 paper plates
1 Catsup, Mustard, Relish Condiment
2 Cases of water

If any of you are able to provide any of these items voluntarily, please let me know! Anything we are short, I will supply for the event. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Ksevi0311

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Athol, ID
There has been a great response to the Backcountry Travel Preparedness event on March 30th.
As of this point, I have 24 confirmations of attendance. As such I anticipate we will likely need to be prepared for 50 total attendees. The supplies that are needed for the food service are as follows:

50 Hot dogs
50 Hot dog buns
50 Mini chip bags
50 cans of various soda
50 paper plates
2 Cases of water

If any of you are able to provide any of these items voluntarily, please let me know! Anything we are short, I will supply for the event. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
So as of just a few minutes ago I know you said some items still needed to be brought. What all do you still need?

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
So as of just a few minutes ago I know you said some items still needed to be brought. What all do you still need?
You can pick from any of the items on the list above. Just post here what you will be contributing so that we don't double up. I will make the final shopping trip to get what is left on the list later this week. Thank you for your help!

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I would like to be there as well, looks like possibly 2 adults

C-Rod

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central Valley, Utah, United States
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Rodriguez

50 Hot dogs
50 Hot dog buns
50 Mini chip bags
50 cans of various soda
50 paper plates
2 Cases of water

I can bring a couple of cases of water!

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I've got the hotdogs!
(52 Smoked Sausages and hotdogs)

Last edited:

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I am coming and I’m not sure if anyone yet is bringing the water or not, so I’ll volunteer to have it there!

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I am coming and I’m not sure if anyone yet is bringing the water or not, so I’ll volunteer to have it there!