Reid Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rogue River, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BHH
In the spring/early summer I am wanting to tackle the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Not sure I want to deal with chains though so I will wait until the snow melts.

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Well my last day is the 31st. I’m coming up to 4wheel parts to have some supercharger work done on my Rig. So mid Jan we will plan a trip or two. Headed to southern Ca deserts 2nd week of Feb. pack up and go with us!

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

I have built a Traverse for Texas. I have always considered the BDR to be more for the dual sports, as that is where they originated. Yes, it is getting popular to run as much as possible in a vehicle. I am hoping to post my route soon and ask BDR if they are interesed.
Side note, I know a couple of rigs that just finished the TAT and completed the WABDR, ORBDR and the IDBDR earlier this year.
@Laud Any Intel on the IDBDR? Looking to do it late July north to south. It seems to be the most rig friendly BDR out of the bunch but the narrowness of the Lolo motorway portion is of concern.

I did just read on the BDR website that the 50" bridge is open to all vehicles now, so that's good. Anyways, any info you could pass along would be great.

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I did NMBDR and COBDR late September early October very enjoyable stock tires an suspension 2017 tacoma

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I have done AZ, UT, and ID. Friends have also done NM. All are easy if the weather conditions are good. If you go too early there may be snow with mountain passes impassable in UT. Other places may have too many fallen trees. When I did ID there were parts still closed in July a few years ago. They are great routes. Sometimes there are on dirt for the sake of dirt. Meaning you can skip a few sections to save time. You can always rent the videos to get a good preview of any of the routes. I still want to do CO, UT (again) and ID (again)

Reactions: California Overland

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Going to get the WDR done this year I hope. Canada, South, to Chelan, this month. Any takers? Vance.

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

I have done AZ, UT, and ID. Friends have also done NM. All are easy if the weather conditions are good. If you go too early there may be snow with mountain passes impassable in UT. Other places may have too many fallen trees. When I did ID there were parts still closed in July a few years ago. They are great routes. Sometimes there are on dirt for the sake of dirt. Meaning you can skip a few sections to save time. You can always rent the videos to get a good preview of any of the routes. I still want to do CO, UT (again) and ID (again)
@1Louder Do you remember which year you did the IDBDR? Snow-wise this year is looking a lot like 2017. Here in California Tioga Pass (10,000') through Yosemite most likely won't be open till end of June, and that's with Cal-Trans clearing snow. Out in the forests snow will linger till July. Would you expect most snow on the IDBDR to be gone by the end of July?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
@1Louder Do you remember which year you did the IDBDR? Snow-wise this year is looking a lot like 2017. Here in California Tioga Pass (10,000') through Yosemite most likely won't be open till end of June, and that's with Cal-Trans clearing snow. Out in the forests snow will linger till July. Would you expect most snow on the IDBDR to be gone by the end of July?
Late June-July 2016. It was after the NWOR.

Reactions: California Overland