Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

I'm running with a 2000 Cherokee XJ. 4.5" lift with 33s and rough country suspension.
Here's the link to the Mojave details. Looks like it's in the trips in the very beginning of planning.

View attachment 177128
Nice looking Rig

I am trying to get people together todo El Camino del Diablo after the new year prerun for a Mojave trip

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Dang that is a capable-looking rig! :smiley: Thanks for the Mojave details.

Brad - here's the link to the run on the 13th:
Update: The OB forum software seems to nuke the link... (I think?) /events/715621505704063/?post_id=715630162369864

If you add "Facebook.com" to the front of the above link that should get you there.

Not sure how visible it will be, it's in a Facebook group. Let me know if you can't see it.

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

Hey guys, there is a good run this weekend at the Cleator Bar and Yacht Club. They will be doing Turkey Creek. If you've never been the Cleator, it's a blast. I think there is some info on their facebook page. I'm going back and forth between there and a little solo trip out to Kofa since the wife is out of town.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Dang that is a capable-looking rig! :smiley: Thanks for the Mojave details.

Brad - here's the link to the run on the 13th:
Update: The OB forum software seems to nuke the link... (I think?) /events/715621505704063/?post_id=715630162369864

If you add "Facebook.com" to the front of the above link that should get you there.

Not sure how visible it will be, it's in a Facebook group. Let me know if you can't see it.
I couldn’t see it.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Th
Here's the posting. If you think you'll be in lemme know and I can let the organizer know.

View attachment 177242
Thank you FlagTop for the information we have a stock 4Runner as well as. Let me check something out and I will let you know.My wife is wanting toget it out on the trail we just haven’t done anything to it yet, it’s a 2020 TRD 4RUNNER. Thank you again

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Th
Here's the posting. If you think you'll be in lemme know and I can let the organizer know.

View attachment 177242
Thank you FlagTop for the information we have a stock 4Runner as well as. Let me check something out and I will let you know.My wife is wanting toget it out on the trail we just haven’t done anything to it yet, it’s a 2020 TRD 4RUNNER. Thank you again
We will not be available on Dec 13 thank you for the invite. We have an event that we must be at.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

I really want to get a group together after the new year to go do the El Camino del Diablo trail it’s 3 days trip Starting in Ajo, Az 2 hrs from Phoenix and ending in Yuma, AZ 3 hrs from Phoenix

Attachments

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I really want to get a group together after the new year to go do the El Camino del Diablo trail it’s 3 days trip Starting in Ajo, Az 2 hrs from Phoenix and ending in Yuma, AZ 3 hrs from Phoenix
I have run El Camino many many times since 2007 and it is great.....less so now that there are some major smooth dirt roads that were built to ease the Border Wall construction but still plenty of coolness.
Let me look at dates and see if I can make something happen.
Honestly I can be run in 1 long day (Border Patrol does it)
But it is best as a 3 day, 2 night from Phx round trip...
Start in Phx, go to Ajo, check out the mine muesum
hit the trail and camp at Bates Well or Tule Well if you are making good time
Then 2nd night at Tinajas Altas or Christmas Pass then play around on the way to Yuma for late lunch and back to Phx on the 3rd day.

If someone only had a weekend it could be done leaving Phx Friday after work and getting home Sunday evening but that would mean moving along the trail at a good pace....which honestly is plenty of fun in parts of the trail :)

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

I have run El Camino many many times since 2007 and it is great.....less so now that there are some major smooth dirt roads that were built to ease the Border Wall construction but still plenty of coolness.
Let me look at dates and see if I can make something happen.
Honestly I can be run in 1 long day (Border Patrol does it)
But it is best as a 3 day, 2 night from Phx round trip...
Start in Phx, go to Ajo, check out the mine muesum
hit the trail and camp at Bates Well or Tule Well if you are making good time
Then 2nd night at Tinajas Altas or Christmas Pass then play around on the way to Yuma for late lunch and back to Phx on the 3rd day.

If someone only had a weekend it could be done leaving Phx Friday after work and getting home Sunday evening but that would mean moving along the trail at a good pace....which honestly is plenty of fun in parts of the trail :)
Sweet thanks for the info yeah I don’t know the trail other then what I read. But want it for a warm to test my packing list and rig for multi day desert run. Let me know what works for you I like to get a group of at least 3 or more.

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Dec 13th: If anyone was thinking of doing this run with that AZ Sequoia group (anyone is welcome!), the location is moved. Let me know if you want to go and I'll PM you more details (it's posted in a private group...)

Dec 6th (Sunday): I'm aiming to run Butcher Jones with 50 (!) other people. Probably it'll be a ZOO with that many people, but that kinda also sounds fun. :P

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 1.48.38 PM.png

Just mentioning, in case anyone wants to say hello!