Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

We had a great trip Up the Back Way to Crown King. It was really nice for me to finally get to meet up with other member. I been missing that since moving out west. I hope we can have more trips like this and meet ups just to build our local overland community.

We started at Home Depot off Carefree Hwy and I-17 then drove together to the trail head. The trail was mostly a dirt road to it wasn't, once it turned to nice crawling action it got your heart pumping. It tested my rig set up and now now I need more protection and I personally need to take a little more time to pick better lines ( took me 4 try's to get over one Gate Keeper). I can't wait to go back out with a group again. I been doing solo trips since moving west i like them but it was a great feeling knowing you have back up right behind you.

IMG_2320-1.png

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
We had a great trip Up the Back Way to Crown King. It was really nice for me to finally get to meet up with other member. I been missing that since moving out west. I hope we can have more trips like this and meet ups just to build our local overland community.

We started at Home Depot off Carefree Hwy and I-17 then drove together to the trail head. The trail was mostly a dirt road to it wasn't, once it turned to nice crawling action it got your heart pumping. It tested my rig set up and now now I need more protection and I personally need to take a little more time to pick better lines ( took me 4 try's to get over one Gate Keeper). I can't wait to go back out with a group again. I been doing solo trips since moving west i like them but it was a great feeling knowing you have back up right behind you.

View attachment 176211
Hey Brad, I'd love to join you sometime in the future. You show great signs of leadership in your community so thank you for your spirit.
Another good group I see in Arizona is the AZLRO group. They are very active and seem to be well organized.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Hey Brad, I'd love to join you sometime in the future. You show great signs of leadership in your community so thank you for your spirit.
Another good group I see in Arizona is the AZLRO group. They are very active and seem to be well organized.
Thank you I will check them out.

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Brad I checked out AZLRO and it looked great at some point, but sadly it doesn't look active anymore, at least not their forums. Last post for trip planning is almost 3 years old, and most recent post on any topic is a month ago. I think OB might be the most active forum, though not as active as Facebook groups. I hate FB but there's a lot of activity that is only there...

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Ok thanks. I think if we all share what we know it just works out really nice seem like a lot of the clubs have canceled everything this year and I understand why.

I think there might be more people like me that want to do more but don't know where

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

I'm 100% in the same boat -- let's get out there!

I'm just super new around overlanding, so don't feel like I outta be leading! Do you ever get up to Flagstaff? We might be up there over Thanksgiving and could do something with @IamMachines

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Higgins
New to Overlanding and OB in general here. Just got my rig and looking to find some great people in Phoenix to hit the trails. I’ll definitely look into the trail clean up on the 6th. If anyone wants to hit some trails before then let me know! I know that I’ll be going out to Pinetop soon to cut our Christmas tree so if anyone wants to join for that forestry adventure we can coordinate. I know on another forum there was also talk of doing the Mojave road right after thanksgiving. I may try to do that too if anyone from Phoenix wants to caravan.

Flagtop

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dragushan
Member #

Great to meet you @kyle.d.higgins I'd love to hit some trails sometime. Sundays are best for me.

There's a run on Sunday Dec 13th in a local AZ Toyota Sequoia's group (but others welcome!) that's geared to beginners, but the trail is rated "moderate" and I think you need off-road tires at the very least.

What are you driving? Any mods?

Also, I'd love to know where I can learn more about Mojave Road run!

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Mojave is on top of my list. Welcome Kyle glad to meet you. Yeah I am up for runs most of the time. Thanksgiving and Christmas is full we are a family of 6. But I will be at the toy run and the clean up day.

now have to check out the run on the 13.

Reactions: rb9228 and Flagtop

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Higgins
I'm running with a 2000 Cherokee XJ. 4.5" lift with 33s and rough country suspension.
Here's the link to the Mojave details. Looks like it's in the trips in the very beginning of planning.

IMG_0734.jpeg