Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I'm going for the DIY route on an ARB style one. The cost alone strays me away from getting any of the ARB style ones, but also I don't like the idea of having it strapped onto my roof rack while traveling. I'm in the process of building mine. Telescoping tent poles from Cabela's, some conduit, self-drilling screws and some washers, a grommet kit, and a camping grade awning/tarp that can withstand the abuse and UV damage better than a regular tarp.

Reactions: murps

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I'm going for the DIY route on an ARB style one. The cost alone strays me away from getting any of the ARB style ones, but also I don't like the idea of having it strapped onto my roof rack while traveling. I'm in the process of building mine. Telescoping tent poles from Cabela's, some conduit, self-drilling screws and some washers, a grommet kit, and a camping grade awning/tarp that can withstand the abuse and UV damage better than a regular tarp.
Would love to see this process. I'd like to see you post your progress in the Do It Yourself Forum