Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Hey there all,
I am on the hunt for a 270 degree awning that has panels to be able to enclose the whole deal. Any suggestions?

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

I was looking at the Oztent set ups as well. & havent heard of the Ostrich wing before but might have to take a look.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
My vote, which counts for nothing is the 23Zero Peregrine.

4E800985-4496-4729-A55F-72F49576BEE5.jpeg

CF4BF85B-CD61-4140-8FA5-0938DBD65506.jpeg

Reactions: Troy Carroll

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I really like mine, seems very durable and well made. Here’s a photo of it open just doesn’t have the panels on.

View attachment 136469
Just one pole ? I think it should have 3 at minimum. Are they all like this ? I think I saw one that didn't require any poles but that one didn't appeal to me either. I live and would camp in a windy area of the state.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR

This is what I have...everyone complains about the price...it is beautifully constructed. I have been in 30 mile winds with no legs. It only has one leg and all arms are equipped with tie downs, which I have never needed. My rig is Leitner and Alu-cab for the most part.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I love my 23Zero and owned a Darche before that. Justin at 23Zero will take great care of you and the follow up support is excellent.
We had wicked winds in Baja and the awning did great.
The poles are only needed if you put up the walls as they provided extra support.
I store the walls in the aluminum box along with stakes and ropes.
20191230_173722.jpg20191231_093159.jpgDSC_8207.JPG

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I love my 23Zero and owned a Darche before that. Justin at 23Zero will take great care of you and the follow up support is excellent.
We had wicked winds in Baja and the awning did great.
The poles are only needed if you put up the walls as they provided extra support.
I store the walls in the aluminum box along with stakes and ropes.
View attachment 136521
I hope your van build out is going well. Such a cool rig.

fugi

Rank 0

Contributor I

US

This is what I have...everyone complains about the price...it is beautifully constructed. I have been in 30 mile winds with no legs. It only has one leg and all arms are equipped with tie downs, which I have never needed. My rig is Leitner and Alu-cab for the most part.
I agree! Do it right the first time and get the Alucab. I bought a Batwing last year and it broke on the first trip out. A leg seized up and will no longer extend. A few of the guy rope loops ripped off. A few of the guy ropes broke during a strong gust of wind. It's cheap.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I have a Nomadic the rafters are very heavy duty and do not need the poles if you want to do a quick set up but, three of the poles are attached to 3 of the 6 rafters so dropping them down only takes an extra minute. The side walls and top are very heavy material and block out the sun completely.

The Nomadic even though it is larger is less than half the price of a Alucab. They are doing a special for Overland Bound members and the awning with walls is under $1359.99 shipped to your door. The Alucab will run about $3100.00 for the same thing.

Check out this thread. Nomadic 270 Degree awning.

You can hide a lifted Tahoe behind it... I also use a fire pit inside.

72120485_10157802171021738_7234892493379076096_o.jpg