Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I have mine mounted on the drivers side, (left). When we set up camp I point the rig south, deploy the solar panel and pull out the awning. In this manner we get the full benefit of shade all afternoon and full benefit of the suns energy for most of the day. DSC00206 2.jpg

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

On the beaches I visit, the rules are that you park facing away from the shore. I tried mine on both sides and used the one that provided the most shade.

YF_Ryan

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have a question about the ARB awnings.... Can they be deployed upside down... Or rather do they have an upside? I want to eventually get an AT Habitat and was wondering if I could mount it to the part that flips out? So could it be deployed from either position?

Sent from my LG-H910 using OB Talk mobile app
I was looking into this as well since we are picking up a Habitat in just under a month. By the looks of it, the awning can only be set up rightside-up. Our plan is to mount it upside down, so that it's the right direction once the Habitat is open. I'm slightly worried about water getting inside since the zipper/opening is on the bottom, so I also think I'd be removing it when at home. Another option is to mount it to the side of the shell just below the "lid". Excorcist did an awesome job with that using L-Track, you can check it out here: AT Habitat Pictures, ideas, aaand BS

Reactions: Overland_Serenity

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I have a question about the ARB awnings.... Can they be deployed upside down... Or rather do they have an upside? I want to eventually get an AT Habitat and was wondering if I could mount it to the part that flips out? So could it be deployed from either position?
They cannot be deployed upside down because the legs fold down.
You can probably gather understanding from these photos:

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I went the 270 awning route later but on my rover, I mounted the one you have on the right side so if I pulled off the road I was looking a the scenic view and not traffic.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'm getting ready to purchase an awning {not sure which yet}.. My question is why not make it so an awning can mount on either side of the vehicle? Is it that hard/cumbersome to add another set of mounting brackets so you can set up on either side when the time comes? Just a thought I had of doing it myself without knowing 1st..

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

That's entirely possible, it just depends on what else you're carrying. In my case, I had a Hi Lift to mount as well, and it wouldn't make sense to open the awning on the same side the rooftop tent did, as the ladder would have to be removed when the tent was open to allow the awning to be setup.

Reactions: Scout