First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for ideas to solve a small problem I’ve had this summer. I drive a Silverado with a camper shell. It works great, because I’m a tall guy. The only drawback I’ve noticed so far is that when it’s raining and I have to get out for whatever reason (usually when nature calls in the middle of the night), raising the rear window on the shell essentially creates a funnel around the upper corners of the window that dumps water all over the bottom of my sleeping bag and whatever else is at the very end of the bed. Not a huge deal, but definitely makes things uncomfortable.

I’ve seen the Smittybilt awnings and the like, but I don’t think those will work for 2 reasons: I have no roof rack on the camper shell, and; when open, the rear window extends to a level above where an awning would be.

I’ve also thought about getting one of those EZ-Up awnings, but I’m not sure they’re tall enough to sit above the camper shell and keep the rain away from the tailgate area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for ideas to solve a small problem I’ve had this summer. I drive a Silverado with a camper shell. It works great, because I’m a tall guy. The only drawback I’ve noticed so far is that when it’s raining and I have to get out for whatever reason (usually when nature calls in the middle of the night), raising the rear window on the shell essentially creates a funnel around the upper corners of the window that dumps water all over the bottom of my sleeping bag and whatever else is at the very end of the bed. Not a huge deal, but definitely makes things uncomfortable.

I’ve seen the Smittybilt awnings and the like, but I don’t think those will work for 2 reasons: I have no roof rack on the camper shell, and; when open, the rear window extends to a level above where an awning would be.

I’ve also thought about getting one of those EZ-Up awnings, but I’m not sure they’re tall enough to sit above the camper shell and keep the rain away from the tailgate area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Lucky you.....found these at Amazon while looking at awnings and accessories. Thought they were cool and useful for someone....Screenshot_20180915-212251_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180915-212315_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood

arq4wd

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone,

Any ideas?

Thanks!
You have picture about you truck bro?