Auxiliary power outlet rear of JKU

• HTML tutorial

KY JKU Recon

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kentucky
Member #

I am looking to install a dual battery setup so that I can run my ever growing number of accessories off one battery and not impact regular function of the Jeep. One of the things that I would like to do with the second battery is to have an auxiliary power source in the rear of my JKU. Specifically I would like to be able to install a fridge and possibly other electronics in the rear storage area and have them powered by the second battery thru some sort of power outlet. My main question is about what products are available (or home grown solutions) for installing a power outlet in the rear of a JKU? If anyone has some experience with products they can point me to I would appreciate it. Also if anyone has suggestions on a dual battery system as well that would be great. As ofd now I am leaning strongly towards the Genesis dual battery system.

ConcordCarlos

Rank 0

Traveler I

I used https://powerwerx.com/panel-mounts for my back of the rig power panel. It’s feed by my house battery. I used a kit from https://www.offgrid4x4.com/ for my dual battery set up. I think they have a DIY kit. I would suggest getting a second battery tray that’s built specifically for your vehicle, unless you have tons of room / options for the instal.

I am looking to install a dual battery setup so that I can run my ever growing number of accessories off one battery and not impact regular function of the Jeep. One of the things that I would like to do with the second battery is to have an auxiliary power source in the rear of my JKU. Specifically I would like to be able to install a fridge and possibly other electronics in the rear storage area and have them powered by the second battery thru some sort of power outlet. My main question is about what products are available (or home grown solutions) for installing a power outlet in the rear of a JKU? If anyone has some experience with products they can point me to I would appreciate it. Also if anyone has suggestions on a dual battery system as well that would be great. As ofd now I am leaning strongly towards the Genesis dual battery system.