Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

As me and my wife draw closer to our 10yr anniversary, over a year ago now we were discussing how to celebrate this benchmark. Cruise, European trip....? needless to say being surrounded by thousands of fellow mammals was not to appealing to us both. So a trip to the Grand Canyon came up and the idea was born, of course after seeing many You Tube videos such as Dirt Sunrise and Lifestyle overland I could not see this opportunity to go to waste. So it has blossomed into a 4 corners trip, hitting as much dirt as possible and many sites along the way.

We will be traveling for 2 weeks across Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and finally into Arizona hitting the Grand Canyon. I guess if we have to eventually heading back home.

We both have been lucky playing it loose on trips, setting destinations and obligations as far apart as possible to allow for surprises and exploration. I realize that I will be passing through many of the OB family members, so before we take this trip I would like to say Hello, good to see you and we will see you again soon.

Note: The map is 1/2 ass on purpose, LOL!!

See you soon!!

1566671288513.png
fullsizeoutput_4e2.png

Last edited:

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

If you can get to Capitol Reef Nat Park in southern UT, I highly recommend it. There is a UT state highway that goes from Blanding Ut to Hanksville UT, which is just outside of Capital Reef. The scenery on this route is incredible.

Reactions: StoneyJeanz

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
SW Utah is my backyard.. I have tons of POI and Camping spots mapped and a great knowledge of the area.. as well was the North rim and surrounding area.. let me know if you have any questions about places to see and camp.. etc.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Kodachrome has the nicest showers I have even seen in a park. Just sayin...

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

SW Utah is my backyard.. I have tons of POI and Camping spots mapped and a great knowledge of the area.. as well was the North rim and surrounding area.. let me know if you have any questions about places to see and camp.. etc.
Absolutely, we will be descending through Utah to the north rim, 3 camp days @ Demotte chances are we will be finding plenty of off-road adventures to get away from the crowd.

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

If you can get to Capitol Reef Nat Park in southern UT, I highly recommend it. There is a UT state highway that goes from Blanding Ut to Hanksville UT, which is just outside of Capital Reef. The scenery on this route is incredible.
We’re definitely cruising that direction, I’ll check out the map. Thanks [emoji106]

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

you think it is Ut-95N?

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

Absolutely, we will be descending through Utah to the north rim, 3 camp days @ Demotte chances are we will be finding plenty of off-road adventures to get away from the crowd.
do you have any favorite camping spots or great trails with views?

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
White Pocket in Vermillion Cliffs off of House rock valley road.. half day trip from Demotte.. one of the coolest spots in the area.. not well known.. I have a GPS track if you want. Also, Point sublime and Lees Ferry on the Colorado River.. I spend 5 days in the Natl forest just west of Jacob Lake over the 4th of July.. such a beautiful area!

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

White Pocket in Vermillion Cliffs off of House rock valley road.. half day trip from Demotte.. one of the coolest spots in the area.. not well known.. I have a GPS track if you want. Also, Point sublime and Lees Ferry on the Colorado River.. I spend 5 days in the Natl forest just west of Jacob Lake over the 4th of July.. such a beautiful area!
Are these offroad trails of hiking? Ill take the GPS tracks, I use Gaia and Offroad M
That sounds awesome! tracks would be great, I use Gaia and Magellan TRX7. so GPX, HML, HMX are all good. Are these off-road or hiking trails?
Thanks for the tip!!!

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Are these offroad trails of hiking? Ill take the GPS tracks, I use Gaia and Offroad M

That sounds awesome! tracks would be great, I use Gaia and Magellan TRX7. so GPX, HML, HMX are all good. Are these off-road or hiking trails?
Thanks for the tip!!!
Off road.. I recorded them in Gaia, DM me your email and I'll send them over

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

you think it is Ut-95N?
Yes it is. I just looked at the map. We to 24 through Capital Reef Nat Park to Hanksville and 95 all the way to Blanding on our way to Durango Co. Make sure to fill up in Hanksville as you will not see any gas along that route if I remember correctly. Enjoy the scenery. Some of my favorite from a month long trip.