• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Wyoming Overland
Trout fishing the canyon from my kayak is my summer goal. I could spend the entire summer in the canyon! Just beautiful!
The Canyon from a kayak sounds like the right way to do it. My Bro and his group basically repelled down the wall from the highway to catch their lot. Beautiful fish though. Here's a pic of the 28" brown one of the group pulled in:
28inchWindRiverBrown.jpg

Boort

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

I'll probably head up to Oregon from Los Angeles for the eclipse
I'm also in SoCal, and never having had been up to Oregon, I was curious if you have and are looking at a specific area to view the eclipse? Surprisingly, I haven't found much on the topic of the eclipse on the forum. Once I figure out a path up to Oregon, I was going to toss out a post for feedback.

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I'm actually doing an insane trip. I was already heading to Maine for a week. But my mother lives in SC where it will be 100% so my son has convinced me to leave Maine Sunday (a day early), drive 16 hours to my mothers in SC to see the eclipse, then go home Tuesday. I hope the weather holds out.

Tahoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Fair Oaks, california
Member #

I'm heading up to Burns, Oregon area (just for starters, obviously we'd need to go north of there past Seneca). There doesn't seem to be any closures or fires in that area right now. It's only 9 hours from Sacramento (where I live).
If anyone is interested in going I plan on leaving Saturday the 19th before noon so I can get there during the day and find a place to camp. There is lots of wilderness area. I'm willing to just hope for the best and camp along side the road if I have to.
Post here if you are interested and need to make any adjustments to the schedule, I am fairly flexible and can leave as early as Friday the 18th after about 6PM to Sunday the 20th early morning though I'd prefer to leave earlier.

Last edited:

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'm taking my two girls (6 and 8) about 6 hours south to Mark Twain State Park (not the forest further south) in Missouri and camping for the two nights before the eclipse. It is a couple hours outside of St. Louis, so I hope the crowds are not too bad. Going to meet up with my parents in Mexico, MO (45m drive) and then another 50m or so to get to the best line. If its crazy we can stay up near mexico and still get 1m30s or so of total.

I get a bit freaked out by crowds and situations like this, so I will have plenty of extra fuel jerrys and Gaia maps at the ready to take whatever backroads I need to get home.

hjason.hay

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
How was Casper? I went out to Arminto to view it but ran into a 4 hour delay on 20 so I did more back roads into Thermopolis. The eclipse was awesome!

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

GF got the off Sun-Tues last minute so we split to Riverton for the eclipse and got a great show. Orig. plans were to leave earlier in the week and head to KC to crash on the family farm or Head to a friend's place in OR, but weather dictated a change to Wy. No traffic (at 2 am heading out or really at all on Tues coming home)

Here is a still from my dad's GoPro timelapse taken just after C2 Outside of Riverton WY:

Boort

Last edited:
Reactions: hjason.hay