Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Green Cove Springs, FL, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Everritt
Member #

what a great time nice to meet all of you . Tonia and I really enjoyed it. And just like Tabb and Abby said, we too are horrible with remembering names .. (we promise to butcher them later). It was nice to get to see the rigs and what have been done to all of them. Looking forward to the next time. Now where are those routes to the Grand Canyon... hmmmmm

bushmdc

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, TX
Member #

Wow Chris, you made the XJ look nice! Angles, it's all about the angles... you can make anything look good given the right angle, that's what I tell my girlfriend at least I'll start a thread on my Montana Trip which begins tomorrow, as soon as I figure out how! Wonderful meeting all of you, love what you've done with your rigs, inspirational to say the least Here goes a pic of my girlfriend Morgan and the XJ just outside Blythe, CA on our 5,500 mike trip back to Austin from .

Thanks,
Lou

Attachments

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

So sorry I missed it y'all!! Wrenching and weekend prep took priority.
Count me in for the next one, and Chris... sorry I missed this chance to meet ya. When are you headed north?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

So sorry I missed it y'all!! Wrenching and weekend prep took priority.
Count me in for the next one, and Chris... sorry I missed this chance to meet ya. When are you headed north?

No worries. Did you get the alt fixed? I'm headed out July 19.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Had a great time meeting the local Austin, TX OB crew. Let's make this a recurring thing. How often would be reasonable? I know we all have a busy schedule.

Reactions: TrooperATX

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I always like the monthly schedule but since I wont be here yall can just ignore me. haha

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

bushmdc

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, TX
Member #

Hey guys, got back from Montana in one piece. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, just started a new thread in which I discuss a bit about an adventure idea I've got up my sleeve. Check it out... https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ban-one.8581/

Reactions: Terry Everritt

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Let's start talking about a good day/time for the next Austin meet up. What do we think about doing something further South, and see if we can't draw in the broader Hill Country members? I'm thinking Cabelas in Buda, and see if the San Antonio members might want to drop in. Feel free to tell me this is a bad idea, if it is. lol

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Let's start talking about a good day/time for the next Austin meet up. What do we think about doing something further South, and see if we can't draw in the broader Hill Country members? I'm thinking Cabelas in Buda, and see if the San Antonio members might want to drop in. Feel free to tell me this is a bad idea, if it is. lol
Cabelas isn't a bad idea, as hey have event rooms available, and if I'm not mistaken, they don't charge to use them. That would give us A/C to hang out in!

Mike Smith
1995 Trooper and custom trailer
San Marcos, TX

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Cabelas isn't a bad idea, as hey have event rooms available, and if I'm not mistaken, they don't charge to use them. That would give us A/C to hang out in!

Mike Smith
1995 Trooper and custom trailer
San Marcos, TX
Let's see if we can get critical mass on this idea. It may be too far out for some in North Austin. I think it would be great to pull in the members from A larger area. Like the thread, if you are good with us looking at Cabelas in Buda for our next get together.

Silverback07

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

A/C is a huge plus! :) I can hit 130 within 2 miles and be in Buda in 45 minutes. But my question is "Do they have food and drink?" Because on an early evening meet chances are I skipped dinner for this.

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Cabelas does have a cafe, but no beer, etc.
as an alternative, I'm looking at a camping area on the San Marcos river that we could almost have to ourselves. It would be after Labor Day, and therefore cooler. Details to follow.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I
A/C is a huge plus! :) I can hit 130 within 2 miles and be in Buda in 45 minutes. But my question is "Do they have food and drink?" Because on an early evening meet chances are I skipped dinner for this.
They are open until 9:00pM. They serve food, but I'm not sure what hours the restaurant is open (hours aren't on the web site). I called, but was on hold for a long time. I will try again tomorrow.

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

I just posted this over in the Austin thread - but the owner of Oskar Blue's is looking to have an Overland meetup there. Would anyone be interested in using that as a location?

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Cabelas does have a cafe, but no beer, etc.
as an alternative, I'm looking at a camping area on the San Marcos river that we could almost have to ourselves. It would be after Labor Day, and therefore cooler. Details to follow.

cool

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I just posted this over in the Austin thread - but the owner of Oskar Blue's is looking to have an Overland meetup there. Would anyone be interested in using that as a location?
I think the general consensus, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, is that we would like the next meet up to be in South of Austin. Let's look at Oskar Blue's as on option for the following meet up.