Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
Keep us posted. We are due for a run here soon, so be sure to watch the forums!
Yeah I'm going to look at a 2004 Land Rover Discovery next week. If it's in good shape and without major issues I will come back a Land Rover owner.

There is also a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee in moncton that could be interesting but I kinda have my hearth set on a Disco 2.

BTW: where do you normally order your aftermarket parts?

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Yeah I'm going to look at a 2004 Land Rover Discovery next week. If it's in good shape and without major issues I will come back a Land Rover owner.

There is also a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee in moncton that could be interesting but I kinda have my hearth set on a Disco 2.

I'm not really sure for the Rovers. I use Northridge 4x4 for online stuff, and a few local shops here in Nova Scotia, but that's for a Jeep JK.

Canoehead

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Duncan
Last Name
Neish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE1NEI

4 Wheel Parts might sell some stuff for LR2. I got my ARB bumper from them. They have a store in Fredericton.

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
Finally pulled the trigger on a rig, it’s a 2004 LRD2 with 136,000km 83,000 miles for our American friends.

There is a couple of think I want to do before going on a long trip. 1st on the list is replacing all 4 o2 sensor, ball joints on the right and will probably need an alignment. Any Land Rover friends out there that knows what else would be top priority, also let me know if you ever want to meet up. I’m in Moncton. Thanks

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

No,we are moving from Montreal, this will be our retirement home. Small house, but love the community. Its great overland area, now to to explore. I will reach to the New Brunswick Overland crowd and see if we can organize something interesting.

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

That would be great, my Jeep is in storage for the winter. This spring I'm planning on lifting it a little and installing new tires. Then I should be all set for the summer.

That's sounds great, will you post your lift on Overland builds ? I am actually working on my Land cruiser 1997, should be able to post on on the build once finished (which I fear is never )

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

No,we are moving from Montreal, this will be our retirement home. Small house, but love the community. Its great overland area, now to to explore. I will reach to the New Brunswick Overland crowd and see if we can organize something interesting.
Touch base with the crew at NB Expeditions. You won't find anyone in NB that knows the overall trail system and way in and around NB like those guys. Enjoy the new location. NB really is a beautiful place with lots to explore.

Last edited:

Blaklyte

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Marc
Last Name
D
That's sounds great, will you post your lift on Overland builds ? I am actually working on my Land cruiser 1997, should be able to post on on the build once finished (which I fear is never )
Yeah for sure
Yeah, I will probably update my Build tread. My first overlander - LRD2