Arkansan vacationing in Colorado needs trail advice for July 2018.

• HTML tutorial

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
I"M BACK! Just wanted to say the trip was a success. Colorado has the most beautiful country I've ever seen. We drove Last Dollar Rd, Ophir Pass, Imogene Pass, and Black Bear Pass (It was sleeting and raining). No scratches or dents and made some great memories. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I'm already planning my next trip.

jk1.JPG

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

What was your favorite part of your trip? In the Alpine loop area.
I got to go down there from August 3-7th
I think mine was just seeing just how beautiful those mountain passes are!

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
What was your favorite part of your trip? In the Alpine loop area.
I got to go down there from August 3-7th
I think mine was just seeing just how beautiful those mountain passes are!
It's hard to say what my favorite part was but it was probably Imogene Pass. We got into Telluride at 11:30 pm after a 6hr breakdown and 6 hr drive. Did Imogene first thing the next day with the whole family. It was my first Western trail. It seemed easy. The Land Cruiser performed flawlessly. We had a great time. Everything just fell into place after a very long drive.

Black Bear was sort of a bonding experience between my son and I. It started out great. Sprinkles started toward the top. We could see fairly heavy rain toward Telluride. There was no one else on the trail so we turned around and headed back. Got about 1/2 back down and passed 4 motorcycles. We decided then that if the motorcycle guys could do it we could. Turned back around and proceeded down the other side. Sleet and fairly significant rain started almost immediately. Long story short, we made it without incident.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We did Blackbear the last day. and came back via Imogene pass. It was great when we got to the trail head there was about 20 rigs airing down for Blackbear but since we aired down to just 20 psi and disconnected for the whole weekend (did not have a lot of pavement between trails and top speed was only 45mph) so we just jumped right in front of everyone. It was nice to get up there play around some till we saw rigs heading our way. We would get moving again. I really didn't care if we ran Blackbear but I am so glad that everyone else wanted to. It was one of those trails that has that it factor that makes it fun.

I really look forward to going back, nobody will have to twist my arm!

Reactions: JK72450