OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Hello all....since i have a small vehicle, tyres with an aggressive pattern are hard to come by....I ditched the 16" factory alloys and went with a 15" steel rim (ROH) to be able to run a taller tyre....205/65/15.
It appears only in larger diameters , that 65 series tyres are an option with aggressive tread ....let me know if you are familiar with any brands that cover the little guys ?...cheers

Last edited:

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
You have quite the puzzle @Luis Merlo, I have been searching for an hr and found nothing with an aggressive tread in that size. If you step down to a 14in rim it opens up ATV, and UTV tire sizes and some are extremely aggressive. I would find an off road shop in your area maybe they have some help. Or maybe an off road trailer tire. Good luck!!!!!

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

You have quite the puzzle @Luis Merlo, I have been searching for an hr and found nothing with an aggressive tread in that size. If you step down to a 14in rim it opens up ATV, and UTV tire sizes and some are extremely aggressive. I would find an off road shop in your area maybe they have some help. Or maybe an off road trailer tire. Good luck!!!!!
Thanks Mason.....i believe i cannot drop to 14's as the rotors, especially the front ones will not allow clearance...it is a puzzle, but i love a challenge...lol

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

It is a shame, as there so many options in 70 series tyres...and they would fit....i have taller coils and longer shocks for the rear coming....and either taller struts or replacement struts and a spacer for the front...we shall see

IMG_20160117_075929.jpg

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

It is a mine field.....but basically if you reduce the rim size you can increase the tyre size as long as you maintain the overall diameter...give or take....i have to find out what that margin is !

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I just read you can go 50mm larger tire in Australia so 2 inchs to us americans. What is the stock tire size with the 16inch rim