ARB Front Bumper?

• HTML tutorial

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

My wife has a 2002 Jeep Wrangler, and she likes the ARB winch bumper. I'm concerned that the recovery points look a bit thin. I've noticed that some ARB bumpers are thin like this, while others look thicker. I'm looking for feedback from people who have experience with the thin ones. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Jeep bumper, any info from anyone with the thinner types will be appreciated. Will they hold up to the stresses of a recovery? How thick are they? Many bumper makers use 3/16" steel, from the photos I've seen, I'm guessing that's about what these are.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My wife has a 2002 Jeep Wrangler, and she likes the ARB winch bumper. I'm concerned that the recovery points look a bit thin. I've noticed that some ARB bumpers are thin like this, while others look thicker. I'm looking for feedback from people who have experience with the thin ones. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Jeep bumper, any info from anyone with the thinner types will be appreciated. Will they hold up to the stresses of a recovery? How thick are they? Many bumper makers use 3/16" steel, from the photos I've seen, I'm guessing that's about what these are.

ARB is one of the godfathers of off road equipment. I'm planning on putting this brand on my truck because of the quality and engineering. Take your question direct to their website and customer care. They have proven products and outstanding reviews...just saying

Reactions: OffRoadAcc

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Finally got to see a couple of these in person, and those are not meant to be recovery points. Thanks to everyone for the responses. I had no doubts about ARBs quality, just wasn't sure if those were designed to be recovery points or not.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Finally got to see a couple of these in person, and those are not meant to be recovery points. Thanks to everyone for the responses. I had no doubts about ARBs quality, just wasn't sure if those were designed to be recovery points or not.
That is true, those are NOT recovery points. @Michael has a video about his arb bumper and many folks mentioned that he shouldn't have shackles on them. My arb summit bar doesn't have those loops, but land rover lr4 comes with rated recovery points. if you add them i would guess they would be attached to the frame.

Edit: I looked, those are for Hi-Lift jack point attachments. The newer ARB bars just have slots/holes in the bumper for hi-lift.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
That is true, those are NOT recovery points. @Michael has a video about his arb bumper and many folks mentioned that he shouldn't have shackles on them. My arb summit bar doesn't have those loops, but land rover lr4 comes with rated recovery points. if you add them i would guess they would be attached to the frame.

Edit: I looked, those are for Hi-Lift jack point attachments. The newer ARB bars just have slots/holes in the bumper for hi-lift.
Yes...those are NOT recovery points.

M

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Great quality and fitment, you can't go wrong. The bumper on my Tacoma is Airbag compliant that's a great safety feature. I have heard the recovery points are for mounting a Hi-Lift jack, I have some shackles on mine for the look.IMG_0147.JPG