Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
I picked up the ARB awning and the attachable ARB awning room with the “deluxe” floor. My intentions are to eliminate the RTT for a few reasons.

I haven’t removed my RTT yet because I’m using the rails from the tent to mount the awning.

as far as the awning deployment goes, it’s easy but cumbersome. Unfortunately for me, the vehicle end is low (because I’m tall and/or because my Jeep isn’t lifted) I cannot stand upright without looking like a neanderthal hunched over. So keep that in mind if you’re looking at ever purchasing I would assume any awning.
A01CADE8-5BBC-4DE0-9698-ACFAD2F48F94.jpeg
Now for the awning room. Like I stated, I plan on ditching the RTT for more room to sleep, changing room, keep the dog inside and safely run a heater without fear of it falling over or catching something in close quarters on fire.

•The awning and room will require me to always find a bigger level footprint to camp on.
•It’s another semi large item to store inside the Jeep
•If you’re rig is NOT lifted, the walls/floor will bunch up on the bottom.
•It’s definitely a little more time consuming to get all set up. I would imagine setting up in the dark won’t be fun.
AEA5D482-0A95-4BD3-A95E-808758ABAF1F.jpeg

After only setting it up twice in my driveway as “shakedown runs” there is already a tear in the fabric where the top side of the room slides into
the awning. Disappointing
53293C71-BEAF-44DE-B000-ECDFB2E98AE4.jpeg

We like to do a lot of beach camping, so having a place to get out of the wind will be nice.
Usually I’m solo with my dog, so most of the time we sleep inside the Jeep. But having the awning for shade or a place to get out of the rain is a bonus for sure

Time buy start saving for a lift kit!!!:tonguewink:

Reactions: Motoboss

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

I believe the minimum height for the add on room is 6ft. Not sure how the slide tore but if up higher you wouldn't have the bunched material causing stress on the slider. The angle isn't helping at all. Contact ARB and they would probably cover replacement/repair if a recent purchase. Get a lift, it's a great system when you can fully deploy it.

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
I believe the minimum height for the add on room is 6ft. Not sure how the slide tore but if up higher you wouldn't have the bunched material causing stress on the slider. The angle isn't helping at all. Contact ARB and they would probably cover replacement/repair if a recent purchase. Get a lift, it's a great system when you can fully deploy it.
I just gotta convince the spousel unit why I need to spend more money lol.
I’ll contact the seller through amazon where I bought it first To try and remedy the tear problem. I’ll definitely be happy with this setup for all the extra room for activities

Reactions: Motoboss

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
FYI. Mine tore in the same spot. I emailed ARB with pics and they immediately sent me a complete new one with ZERO hassle. No shipping, no nothing. And somebody probably offers some type of "riser" to get a higher mount on your rack. We use ours as an extension of the teardrop.

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
Not sure how tall your Jeep is but hard to imagine not taller than my OEM height Subaru Outback. I absolutely love my ARB awning room and it is way Tall enough for me to stand up in. Also, I’ve had it in 30mph winds with no issues at all and awning was extremely solid.

I use these and helps add few inches height may help you too.
I picked up the same mounts as you have.
My problem is I’m 6’4”, like Motoboss said, the awning room require awning height to be 6ft to fully extend the walls. It’s all good, only disappointment is the room piping edge tearing the material.

Bengb45X

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Blackmon
Member #

It’s alright to camp in. The only down side is the front of the awning room, doesn’t close completely. I would also recommend a ground sheet (tarp) to protect the underside of the awning room.
681fce4c57294e70-photo.JPG

Reactions: Motoboss and TJDon