Contributor III

Bristol, TN
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baker
Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone, I'm sure this has been a discussed question on here but for the life of me I can't find a search box here while on my phone. But as the title says does anyone camp using a tent designed for a truck bed? I am new to overlanding in a truck. The raptor has so much more room than my 15 jeep JKU had so I pretty much can store everything inside the cab. I have always just used a normal ground tent but I figured a tent in the bed of the truck has added pros. I really like the rooftop tents but I love being able to park the truck in my garage so that is out of the equation for now. And those who do use a tent in a truck bed, what brands are the best?

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I used one of the truck tents a few times when I had my superduty. It does ok but I would not recommend it anywhere super windy or in cold/ very hot environments. If getting into your garage is your main concern you can just get a rack that is lower... The frontrunner bed rack system sits low enough that when your tent is on it its not any higher then the top of your cab. I had it on my truck a while back... let me see if I can find a picture

-Raul