Sacramento, CA
First Name
EJ
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6WPP
Yes! These are great. Try canned apple filling between two pieces of bread for breakfast pickets. Also, make some prepared spaghetti in a zip lock. Then put the spaghetti between two pieces of garlic bread! Mmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HondaSxS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte NC
Member #

Dude...
That looks like it will make a killer grilled cheese. Think I'm going to try and find two for my next campout. Thanks.

Sent from the trail using OB Talk mobile app.

Reactions: Noel Leon Gauthier

ChadHahn

Rank III

Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
Hit the thrift stores. I often see them there for a few bucks.

I like to make pizza. Two pieces of bread. Jar pizza sauce, cheese, and what ever toppings (or innards) you like.

Chad

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

I sold these for years when I used to outfit boyscouts, folks hiking the AT, campers, etc. They're amazing. I had two - both of which grew feet and walked away over the years. But you've sparked my interest and I may need to acquire a couple more! Thanks for sharing!

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

My dad and I were talking about these over Christmas. I burnt my mouth really bad when i was young on a pie iron PBJ. But i was so good! He is going to try to find them in his garage so i can give it another go.

cosmoblu

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Olive Branch, MS
Member #

These were always a must have for me. It was always a treat. We used white bread with Parkay squeeze butter a little sugar and add pie filling. It was always an excellent way to finish off a camp meal.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I picked up a double sized set on Amazon and made some excellent turkey melts on 9 grain bread. I used pepper turkey from my local meat market along with sliced cheddar and pepper jack cheeses. I'll never camp without them again!

They are on sale for $17.99 right now! I can't seem to post a link....

Last edited: