Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
We arrived on Thursday at 11am and left today at 2pm. Just too crowded - especially today. This was my first Expo. It was crazy how they packed people and vehicles in like sardines in the camping area and the day parking area. I felt that there were just too many exhibits there - who needs 20 vendors selling the exact same thing i.e. RTT's I actually preferred the vendors that were on the west side of the event, as they offered more individual items like knives, toilets, bumpers, lights, solar panels, radios, food, coffee, Goal Zero, Garmin, Magellan, diesel motors, motorcycle/camping tents. I actually only saw 2 tent companies selling they gear - ShiftPod and RedVerz. Did anyone see the EarthRoamer??? just kidding there were quite a few of them and even larger vehicles. Who has that kind of money? I saw just 1 early model Bronco and 2 Pinzgauers - 10k Jeeps and Toyota's. But I also only saw 1 custom Willy's extended cab pickup and 1 FJ55.
Talked to Corrie, Monika Wescott and Andrew SPW's daughter and saw Michael driving around videotaping, Gary Wescott coming out of a port potty, and Andrew SPW walking to another seminar.

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

Wish I could have made it out, there's always next year (and maybe by then the better half will have her rig - introduced her to Shrockworks site uhoh lol)

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
I was up there today and had a great time. I met Michael and chatted for a few minutes. Spent about 30 minutes with Clay from Expedition Overland and got a lot of excellent advice. He let me sit in the new Land Cruiser "Samson", what a dream machine that thing is.

I checked out the Maggiolina RTT's and loved them, I'll be ordering one soon. I was hoping for a "show discount", but that didn't happen. The ease of setup and take down is a dream come true, and comfy too. The fiberglass top and bottom will hold up much better in the AZ sun, well ............ in my opinion anyway. :smiley:

I'll be going again next year!

Reactions: [DO]Ron

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

I was up there today and had a great time. I met Michael and chatted for a few minutes. Spent about 30 minutes with Clay from Expedition Overland and got a lot of excellent advice. He let me sit in the new Land Cruiser "Samson", what a dream machine that thing is.

I checked out the Maggiolina RTT's and loved them, I'll be ordering one soon. I was hoping for a "show discount", but that didn't happen. The ease of setup and take down is a dream come true, and comfy too. The fiberglass top and bottom will hold up much better in the AZ sun, well ............ in my opinion anyway. :smiley:

I'll be going again next year!

I liked that a lot.

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
My son and I had a great time at our first Expo yesterday and today. We really enjoyed seeing all the vendors, the "celebrities" and especially the amazing rigs! The camping and parking areas were full of the coolest rigs- it was like a whole other show. Have to admit I also really loved taking the Land Rovers for a quick spin, and my son was stoked on all the free swag lol. Finally it was also great getting to know a few other OB guys- I'm looking at you @drizzledre. :)
Already looking forward to next year!
IMG_1769.JPG IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1790.JPG

Last edited:

drizzledre

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor II

Encino, ca
Member #

My son and I had a great time at our first Expo yesterday and today. We really enjoyed seeing all the vendors, the "celebrities" and especially the amazing rigs! The camping and parking areas were full of the coolest rigs- it was like a whole other show. Have to admit I also really loved taking rhe Land Rovers for a quick spin, and my son was stoked on all the free swag lol. Finally it was also great getting to know a few other OB guys- I'm looking at you @drizzledre. :)
Already looking forward to next year!
View attachment 23453 View attachment 23454 View attachment 23455
Likewise bro!! Can't wait till next year or we can even do a half way point camping trip

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: GXnGS

Pointman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

I rode my Honda Interceptor. Camped out in motorcycle camp with the Rawhide guys. They fed me and provided free beer all night long on Saturday. Some of us stayed up till the sun came up on Sunday. I had the opportunity to chat with Michael and I also met Jorge from "Live work wander."
It was refreshing to see so many full size vehicles. No need to get a Tacoma, FJ or Jeep. My K5 will do just fine.
However, after spending time with the motorcycle crew, I have a renewed love for Adventure riding.