Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hirnickel
Member #

Seeing quite a few members up in the far north over here on the east coast. Seems that Maryland is still considered North East even though we're a little far away from where the action seems to be. Would love to find out where the local overland community likes to explore around here.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome! I'm from the Annapolis area. Mostly camp out in the George Washington National Forest. Not to far from MD

Reactions: No mad

mlivesay

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eldersburg, Maryland, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Livesay
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I don't know of anything, but I'm new to the area and looking to get out exploring. I'm also military, so with the DoD stop travel order, I have to stay within 100 miles of home, which is a bit of a problem for me
if you haven’t been to green ridge - start there. Only problem is that it’s been busy lately and it’s first come first served.

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
Let's make it happen, then. Weekends, particularly Saturdays, are usually best for me. Anyone have a good place for a meetup? Also, I'm thinking of trying out a Flagpole Knob trip, would there be any interest in making it an actual Rally Point trip?

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

Let's make it happen, then. Weekends, particularly Saturdays, are usually best for me. Anyone have a good place for a meetup? Also, I'm thinking of trying out a Flagpole Knob trip, would there be any interest in making it an actual Rally Point trip?
I would be in but I have a family vacation planned on for the next 2 weekends. Couldn’t do anything until the 25th. Plus you may want that much advance notice or more to get a good turn out.

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
I would be in but I have a family vacation planned on for the next 2 weekends. Couldn’t do anything until the 25th. Plus you may want that much advance notice or more to get a good turn out.
I have to have at least 14 days notice to get leave approved anyway, so I was thinking we could plan the trip for early to mid August if people were interested in joining

Reactions: No mad

AJ Nealey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewater, MD
First Name
AJ
Last Name
Nealey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NGX
Edgewater, MD here! Anyone going to the CLCC Fall Crawl this weekend?

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
catching up...I am in the Gaithersburg area...also had to replace the FJ this year, now running a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro. Look forward to meeting some you soon along the trail.

Thanks,
Chon

Reactions: Mavilla