Any Preppers/Threepers?

• HTML tutorial

NorCal451

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

El Dorado County
Member #

Just got the app. Love it. Plan on getting my member number and emblems soon (maybe grill badges? (I'll bring that idea up later))

Anyways I drive an 07 FJC. 125,XXXmi on it. Still going strong. Only had it for a little over a year. It's my daily driver. Im currently stationed at Minot AFB, ND but I'm originally from El Dorado County in NorCal. I love to camp in the sierras and have only recently been introduced to the idea of overlanding. I'm excited to get home in May and start exploring. There's not much camping to do up here in ND but the harsh winters make driving to and from work an adventure in itself. I'll post pictures of my rig soon. I actually just painted the rims so it's gotta be documented.

I've also recently been getting into prepping, firearms, and I've become somewhat of a "tac junkie." I think all these hobbies, to include overlanding, compliment each other. Currently on my rig I carry an axe and shovel, some MREs, water, candle, flashlights and a CB Radio. Next additions will be spare fuel storage and a fire extinguisher.

What else do y'all carry? What don't you leave the house without?

I'm eager to learn and super stoked about finding this overland community. Thanks all.

gotricesmurf

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Just got the app. Love it. Plan on getting my member number and emblems soon (maybe grill badges? (I'll bring that idea up later))

Anyways I drive an 07 FJC. 125,XXXmi on it. Still going strong. Only had it for a little over a year. It's my daily driver. Im currently stationed at Minot AFB, ND but I'm originally from El Dorado County in NorCal. I love to camp in the sierras and have only recently been introduced to the idea of overlanding. I'm excited to get home in May and start exploring. There's not much camping to do up here in ND but the harsh winters make driving to and from work an adventure in itself. I'll post pictures of my rig soon. I actually just painted the rims so it's gotta be documented.

I've also recently been getting into prepping, firearms, and I've become somewhat of a "tac junkie." I think all these hobbies, to include overlanding, compliment each other. Currently on my rig I carry an axe and shovel, some MREs, water, candle, flashlights and a CB Radio. Next additions will be spare fuel storage and a fire extinguisher.

What else do y'all carry? What don't you leave the house without?

I'm eager to learn and super stoked about finding this overland community. Thanks all.
I bring similar stuff, but always need some type of recovery gear just incase. And it's always good for when you find ppl in need of assistance. I also bring extra straps, first aid kits, tools.

Reactions: Jose and Luis Merlo

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I'm not really a "boxes of ammo in a bunker waiting for the lizard people to take over" kind of a prepper, but I do have a bunch of water and food stashed, in preparation for the impending Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake, along w/ lots of camping gear for living comfortably in less than ideal conditions. I'd like to get a dual-fuel genny as well at some point...

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm not a bunker prepper either, but I do like to be prepared. After 15 years in the Army, preparedness has been a big part of my life. But I don't prep for the zombie apocalypse, rather, natural disasters and situations that are most likely to occur. The usual food, water, heat, and other resources like a water filtration system, medical supplies, etc.

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

I'm not a bunker prepper either, but I do like to be prepared. After 15 years in the Army, preparedness has been a big part of my life. But I don't prep for the zombie apocalypse, rather, natural disasters and situations that are most likely to occur. The usual food, water, heat, and other resources like a water filtration system, medical supplies, etc.
Well you know, if you're ready for the zombie apocalypse, you're ready for just about anything! :grin:

Reactions: Kelly

Disco_Berty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

cheadle, Stoke on Trent
Member #

not a bunker type prepper either. although as a brit, 1776 was not a great year for us :smirk:. Glad to see that since then we have become close as nations.

Self reliance and taking actions which reduce risks of everyday activities is second nature to me and something i do daily. As many will know, gun ownership in the UK is extremly limited, altough I have both shotgun and firearms certificates.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Everything from earthquakes (california can you hear me?) to short-notice evacuation in Florida, how to be ready for it all? I'm 're-thinking my trailer purchase plans, and then have it ready to go in 30 minutes, along with a place in mind to land. Somewhere in the eastern california desert.

NorCal451

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

El Dorado County
Member #

Prepping, firearms, camping, and overlanding all complement each other well. I definitely agree with the need to be prepared, especially with the current state of things. Sometimes I hope I need to bug out, I kinda think it would be fun.

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I prep a little, not like I could or should depending on your point of view. I've had a bad habit of stashing guns and ammo but I've gotten better. I reload my own ammo and have plenty of supplies to last me a long while.

The real preps I need are for power loss when we have the remains of Gulf and Atlantic hurricanes meet us here in South GA. So a generator of some sort is on the list. Id also like to get a high capacity water purification system.

My family is pretty big, 13 between my wife, in-laws and sister-in-laws' families, so a bug IN situation is what I think of when the zombies come. We have good farm land close by and plenty of swamp land on three sides.

Last edited:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I prep a little, not like I could or should depending on your point of view. I've had a bad habit of stashing guns and ammo but I've gotten better. I reload my own ammo and have plenty of supplies to last me a long while.

The real preps I need are for power loss when we have the remains of Gulf and Atlantic hurricanes meet us here in South GA. So a generator of some sort is on the list. Id also like to get a high capacity water purification system.

My family is pretty big, 13 between my wife, in-laws and sister-in-laws' families, so a bug IN situation is what I think of when the zombies come. We have good farm land close by and plenty of swamp land on three sides.
Haha, I'm picturing zombies knee-deep in the swamp within sight of your porch!
I've looked at converting my gas generator to duel-fuel propane/gasoline. I keep both on hand in moderate quantities.

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Everything from earthquakes (california can you hear me?) to short-notice evacuation in Florida, how to be ready for it all? I'm 're-thinking my trailer purchase plans, and then have it ready to go in 30 minutes, along with a place in mind to land. Somewhere in the eastern california desert.
If something sudden were to happen, from Santa Clarita, the exodus wouldn't be so bad. But getting out of LA?, or even the Valley?...
IMG_4524.JPG
When we're shooting on location, in or around LA, for more than a day or two, I throw this on the back of the truck...
IMG_0248.jpg
250cc - 400 Mile Range - 150lbs of "Readiness" in the trunk ;-) #LaneSplitting

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I'm not really a "boxes of ammo in a bunker waiting for the lizard people to take over" kind of a prepper, but I do have a bunch of water and food stashed, in preparation for the impending Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake, along w/ lots of camping gear for living comfortably in less than ideal conditions. I'd like to get a dual-fuel genny as well at some point...
I dated one of the lizard people...
IMG_4525.JPG
It wasn't that bad ;-)

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I was on an NDMS Team that got called in to work the ER at Daniel Friedman Memorial Hospital, during the Rodney King riots. They brought us up from Seal Beach in armored personnel carriers. Law & Order is hanging on by a thread,... and it has been for a while.

Last edited: