Any members travelling through South America?

• HTML tutorial

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Planning a SA trip next year. Sorry to say it will be a variation of the PANAM. We hope to drop our rigs into Sao Palo, and head west over the Andes, then head south as far as you can go, then turn around and head north as far as you can go. The plan is for about 9 months if all works out.

Where is the picture from? Looks like Patagonia somewhere.

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

mowgli-adventures that is an amazing photo!

Planning a SA trip next year. Sorry to say it will be a variation of the PANAM. We hope to drop our rigs into Sao Palo, and head west over the Andes, then head south as far as you can go, then turn around and head north as far as you can go. The plan is for about 9 months if all works out.

Just curious, who are you using to ship the rig and roughly what is it costing? Looking to do the same from east coast Canada/USA to either Argentina or Uruguay.

We're planning to fly direct to Argentina at the end of December this year and ship the rig straight (or in vicinity of) and go from there.

Contributor I

Good luck with the trip. Yes its torres del paine, chilean patagonia

Reactions: Migu

Contributor I

Just curious, who are you using to ship the rig and roughly what is it costing? Looking to do the same from east coast Canada/USA to either Argentina or Uruguay.

We're planning to fly direct to Argentina at the end of December this year and ship the rig straight (or in vicinity of) and go from there.
We used Ivss for shipping. Martin who runs it is an overlander too. We sailed on the RoRo with the van. Wrote an article about shipping and our journey on board on our blog " mowgli-adventures.com " to help in your planning. Angela, my better half took, the photo glad you like it.

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

We used Ivss for shipping. Martin who runs it is an overlander too. We sailed on the RoRo with the van. Wrote an article about shipping and our journey on board on our blog " mowgli-adventures.com " to help in your planning. Angela, my better half took, the photo glad you like it.
Thank you for this info! Glad to hear about IVSS it was one of the companies I was looking at. Will definitely check your site for more info.

Cheers!

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

Hi Old_man!!! I hope your South Americans plans are in progress! I live in São Paulo, consider to drop your rig in Uruguay due to low costs and less bureaucracy. I'm available to give you tips and some support on your South America adventure! Here you can see a little bit of my last overland trip on SA: (South America - routes and locations) - It was awesome! best!

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

Migu, what I said above works to you too! Best!