Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Grand Island Nebraska meet and greet and food drive on Friday October 12th at 7:00 PM at the Sonic on N. Diers! Bring your rigs, your stories, your family, and some nonperishable food to donate to the local food bank.

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I was planning on it but my Jeep is DOA in the driveway waiting for this damn rain to quit so I can finish putting brakes on it. Got the fronts done but got rear tore down then ran out of time before I had to go to work and it hasnt stopped raining since...LOL On the plus side, I do have some more goodies that should be here by the weekend. Spare tire carrier, seat covers, hi-lift and mount, and a new steering stabilizer. I've also got new control arms sitting in the back of the Jeep waiting for better weather so I can get them on.

Reactions: Dunnage Garage

norseman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
I was planning on it but my Jeep is DOA in the driveway waiting for this damn rain to quit so I can finish putting brakes on it. Got the fronts done but got rear tore down then ran out of time before I had to go to work and it hasnt stopped raining since...LOL On the plus side, I do have some more goodies that should be here by the weekend. Spare tire carrier, seat covers, hi-lift and mount, and a new steering stabilizer. I've also got new control arms sitting in the back of the Jeep waiting for better weather so I can get them on.
Go even if you can't bring your rig.

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Yeah this rain has kinda sucked! Good luck with the projects
I can do that. I have to be to work at 8pm but I can hang out for a little bit. At least meet some local OB'ers. :smiley:
Awesome, Looking forward to meeting up!

Reactions: ForceXXI

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

I was planning on it and was going to look it up today and mark that I am going. Will you still have it if only a few show up?
Yes, its still on, even if its a small turnout. There are very few of us in Nebraska, so I wasn't expecting very many . After all it is getting chilly, and dark early.

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
Alright, I really want to get a core group built. Family oriented, reliable, capable rigs for a couple group trips a year. I’d like to start hitting the essentials. My son & I will more than likely be heading back to Moab for EJS. After that I want to get to Kansas Rocks & Colorado. I have a wife, 2 kids in tow, 5 & 11.

MarkK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

A lunch or some wheeling is good too. Fair warning - I've done the extreme rock crawling thing in the past and am going a bit more mild with the overland rig (aiming for good performance and economy while still being very off road capable) so I may be inclined to the 'chicken path' from time to time.

Flip4Ford

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alright, I really want to get a core group built. Family oriented, reliable, capable rigs for a couple group trips a year. I’d like to start hitting the essentials. My son & I will more than likely be heading back to Moab for EJS. After that I want to get to Kansas Rocks & Colorado. I have a wife, 2 kids in tow, 5 & 11.
I live close to KRocks-- love that place-- Tuttle Creek (North of Manhattan ks) Is a great place too. If you ever decide on a meet at either of those 2 I'm in :-) I heard of an off road park north of Lincoln national forest in NE-- anyone know of it?

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
I live close to KRocks-- love that place-- Tuttle Creek (North of Manhattan ks) Is a great place too. If you ever decide on a meet at either of those 2 I'm in :-) I heard of an off road park north of Lincoln national forest in NE-- anyone know of it?
Halsey? I have drove by a million times. Never stopped to play. Took my truck to Tuttle once. It was fun but the trails get pretty tight in my full size. Fullerton was fun but again, tight in a full-size. I caved in both of my passenger doors there. I’ll ping you when I get the time to come check out Kansas Rocks, it will probably be soon.

Flip4Ford

Rank 0

Traveler I

Halsey? I have drove by a million times. Never stopped to play. Took my truck to Tuttle once. It was fun but the trails get pretty tight in my full size. Fullerton was fun but again, tight in a full-size. I caved in both of my passenger doors there. I’ll ping you when I get the time to come check out Kansas Rocks, it will probably be soon.
Ha ha if you didn’t care for Tuttle you will not care for Krock It’s about as tight. but fun. My truck is down for a bit while I replace axles. But shouldn’t be too long before she’s back up and running

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
A lunch or some wheeling is good too. Fair warning - I've done the extreme rock crawling thing in the past and am going a bit more mild with the overland rig (aiming for good performance and economy while still being very off road capable) so I may be inclined to the 'chicken path' from time to time.
I'm with you on that. I prefer to minimize the chances of breaking stuff while out in the middle of nowhere. With that said though, the Rubicon Trail is on my bucket list just so i can say I did it, other than that, no hardcore rock crawling or anything for me. The wife prefers the scenic, smooth-ish rides too.

Hoping to get together with some of ya'll so I can put faces to names.