Any Interest in a New England Fall gathering?

• HTML tutorial

What type of meetup interests you?

• Keep it simple, lets go camping for the weekend.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Day time picnicy meet up, we can all go home to our warm beds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend or possibly longer trip with multiple camp locations and lots of soft roads.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Meetups are lame, I'm a lone wolf.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I want to gauge interest in a fall 2017 meetup somewhere in New England. Cast your vote if you are interested, don't need to know if you would be able to attend. Just want to know if you're interested.

This is obviously in the, wonder if people want to do this, stage and still has a high likelihood of not happening. But with some interest, I may be coaxed into planning something.

Reactions: Rich

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Yeah, I'm leaning toward just some simple camping, campfires, chatting for the first go around. I wouldn't mind a day trip but that becomes limiting cause some folks would have to drive a couple hours just to hang out for a couple hours then drive a couple hours back. But it's an option.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Yeah, I'm leaning toward just some simple camping, campfires, chatting for the first go around. I wouldn't mind a day trip but that becomes limiting cause some folks would have to drive a couple hours just to hang out for a couple hours then drive a couple hours back. But it's an option.
I agree. I'm happy to go with any scenario. Thanks for helping put this together and I am excited for more details to start to take shape over the next several months.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
If this becomes an Overland Bound event, I'm sure @Michael could help out with some goodies like he did when @Overland-Indiana put together an event last summer.
Absolutely! We would be happy to send a package of stuff. Dare I say, I think there are more east coas OB members than westcoast!

Hey @finlayforprez , you got trolled pretty hard in our latest YouTube video. Not sure if you have seen it :tonguewink:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Absolutely! We would be happy to send a package of stuff. Dare I say, I think there are more east coas OB members than westcoast!

Hey @finlayforprez , you got trolled pretty hard in our latest YouTube video. Not sure if you have seen it :tonguewink:
Howdy @Michael !!! That would be awesome. I love building up the east coast OB community, especially since I am bicoastal.

What is trolled hard? Sorry I don't know what that means? Is it bad? I think I missed it.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

@Michael That would be awesome. We should chat when we figure out more details and have a better idea of what this will look like.

Reactions: Michael

Ej Martin

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gray, ME
Member #

I'd be down, live up in Maine near Portland. Depending on size I do have a 5 acre plot near Sugarloaf ski resort I'd be happy to offer as a base camp unless the crowd is huge.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'd be down, live up in Maine near Portland. Depending on size I do have a 5 acre plot near Sugarloaf ski resort I'd be happy to offer as a base camp unless the crowd is huge.
Good to know, I will let you know when we have some details to work with.

RealMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhode Island
Member #

Yes very interested. You could plan a weekend trip but have a few meet and greet in different locations throughout New England leading up to the weekend trip. New England isn't really that big. I'm thinking a meet and greet in West Mass, South Maine and near the Cape would cover most of the New England crew. If you live in the middle you could probably go to all three.

Reactions: MA_Trooper